DID YOU KNOW...
The only football player from a losing college team to win the coveted Heisman Trophy was Paul Hornung, in 1956, as a quarterback for Notre Dame, which had finished with a 2-8 record.
1.The first U.S. Postage Stamps honoring individual American athletes were issued on 9/23/1981 ;
The two athletes represented on those stamps were stars in the same sport; what was it ?
a. – Baseball
b. – Football
c. – Golf
d. – Tennis
2. What sort of critter comes in a “Quetzal” variety ?
3. By what name is the character Alonso Quijano better known in the world of literary classics ?
4. Name the 1980-82 sitcom that starred Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari...
5. Which state was home to both the very first Dunkin’ Donuts shop, and the very first Howard Johnson’s restaurant ?
a. – Mass.
b. – N.J.
c. – Cal.
d. – N.Y.
6. “Well, DUH !” Dept.
What’s the largest venomous snake in the world ?
7. Who or what in the World is “Plyboo” ?
8. What lies at the feet of the Statue of Liberty ? (it’s part of the Statue)
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Cash awarded to the syndicate behind the winning yacht in an America’s Cup race is the largest in all of Sports competition.
1. – c
2. a bird
3. Don Quixote (de la Mancha)
4. Bosom Buddies
5. - a
6. King Cobra
7. Plywood made from bamboo
8. a Broken Chain
Despite the mega-millions spent to compete, zero $$ are awarded !
The only prize is the America’s Cup, the oldest trophy in sports competition.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !