trivia 9/24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire

trivia 9/24

DID YOU KNOW...
The first woman to run for U.S. president was Victoria Woodhull, who campaigned for the office in 1872 under the National Woman's Suffrage Association. While women would not be granted the right to vote by a constitutional amendment for nearly 50 years, there were no laws prohibiting a woman from running for the chief executive position.

1. How did Reich marshal Hermann Goering die while in prison?
2. In Irish old wives tales, once married and on the wedding night, which ever one of the newly married pair goes to sleep first will be the first to what?
3. Which countries have land borders with Sweden?
4. What function does the vermiform appendix serve?
5. What mountain in the Caucasus is accredited for being the final resting place for Noah's Ark, as stated in the bible?
6. What Mexican musical ensemble made up primarily of guitars, violins, and trumpets often plays and sings at important events such as weddings and birthdays?
7. The meeting site of penguins is called a what?
8. What year is this, in Roman Numerals ?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The first U.S. Marine Corps recruiting station was established in a bar.

1. Suicide by poison
2. Die
3. Norway and Finland
4. None
5. Mt. Ararat
6. Mariachi
7. Rookery
8. MMXII
TRUTH !!
The Tun Tavern, in Philadelphia, to be exact.
In 1775, Samuel Nicholas, a delegate to the 2nd Continental Congress, was named as the first Marine Commandant, and given the rank of Major.
He went to his favorite tavern, and he immediately declared it a “Recruitment Center”. He appointed the Tavern’s owner “Chief Marine Recruiter”, and made the man his first Captain.

I got the ones in red:

1. Suicide by poison
2. Die
3. Norway and Finland

4. None -- I guess, "I don't have a clue" doesn't count?" :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
5. Mt. Ararat
6. Mariachi
7. Rookery
8. MMXII
TRUTH !!

I got all of them. These were too easy.

I have a pet peeve regarding Roman Numerals. Why is it that on the clock the #4 is always IIII. It should be IV. Just like nine is IX. The #14 is XIV. Not XIIII. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom