DID YOU KNOW...
A newborn baby has about one cup of blood in circulation. An adult human has about four to five quarts which the heart pumps to all the tissues and to and from the lungs in about one minute while beating 75 times.
1. When did the Civil War Battle of Shiloh occur?
a. – April, 1861
b. – April, 1862
c. – April, 1863
d. – April, 1864
2. This dictator was executed by his much abused people on Christmas Day in 1989. Who was the executed leader?
a. - Gheorghe Gheorghiu-Dej
b. - Ion Iliescu
c. - Chivu Stoica
d. - Nicolai Ceausescu
3. - The country of Iran used to be known as what?
4. The Pyloric Sphincter is at the lower end of what organ ?
a. – Stomach
b. – Small Intestine
c. – Large Intestine
d. – Colon
5. The International Space Station has some protection from meteors. What is it made of?
a. - Kevlar
b. - Plastic
c. - Rubber
d. - Steel
6. The Hanging Gardens of Babylon were destroyed after the 2nd century BC by a repeated natural disaster. What was
7. There is series of novels by a famous author called 'The Dark Tower'. It has characters like Roland Deschain, Eddie Dean and Jake Chambers. Who is the author of these books?
8. What punctuation mark indicates the noun is possessive (in most cases)?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Pulitzer Prize is made from steel recovered from cannons used during the Crimean War.
1. – b
2. – d
4. – a
5. - a
7. Stephen King
That statement is a double-misfire !
First of all, steel cannons were not used during the Crimean War. They were introduced and manufactured as early as 1851, but the Military did not take steel seriously and remained committed to bronze cannons until the late 1870’s
Secondly, the Pulitzer Prize medal was downgraded in 1987 from solid gold to a 24-carat gold-plated silver, but it was never minted in steel of any kind.
Walk with the person who's searching for truth........ run from the person who says they've found it !