trivia 9/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire

trivia 9/5
DID YOU KNOW...
So beloved was George Washington among the French that when he died in 1799
Napoleon Bonaparte ordered ten days of mourning throughout France.

1. What popular sit-com actor provided the voice of the Geico Insurance Company’s gecko in the TV ad debut ?
2. . What was the last province to join Canada, in 1949?
3. Fossil skulls of Homo Habilis show signs of the development of a region in the brain called Broca's area. This is evidence that Homo Habilis did what - ?
4. What is the name of the emulsion that results from beating together oil, egg yolk, and vinegar or lemon juice?
5. Who does Arnold Schwarzenegger divorce in the movie "Total Recall"?
a. - Meg Ryan
b. - Sharon Stone
c. – Jamie Lee Curtis
d. - Drew Barrymore
6. "Brown Sugar" was a hit for what UK rock band?
7. Which luxury cruise liner capsized on Friday, 13 January, 2012?
a. - Carnival Splendor
b. - Caribbean Princess
c. - Costa Concordia
d. - Morro Castle
8. What well-known, passionate-eyed, movie star is known for her perfume called "Passion"?
TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The Mayan “Long Count” calendar marks 12/21/2012 as the day the World as we know it will
end.
1. Kelsey Grammer (Cheers, Frazier)
2. Newfoundland
3. used language
4. Mayonnaise
5. – b
6. Rolling Stones
7. - c
8. Elizabeth Taylor
CRAP !!
Misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar is the basis for a New Age belief that a cataclysm will take place on December 21, 2012. December 21, 2012 is simply the first day of the 14th b'ak'tun.

Sandra Noble, executive director of the Mesoamerican research organization FAMSI, notes that "for the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle". She considers the portrayal of December 2012 as a doomsday or cosmic-shift event to be "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in." The 2009 science fiction apocalyptic disaster film 2012 is based on this belief.

Thirst for more ?
Go here..............
http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Maya+calendar

I truly enjoy the trivia Items you post. Often, I learn a thing or two I didn't know or hadn't thought about. Thanks!
The information here on 12/21/12, however, is likely to have a detrimental effect on my plans for a massive 2-day party. :LOL:
On the other hand....It don't take much for a party to break out in these parts.

img_1184033_0_98860931a5562121da653c1fb5190b27.jpg

img_1184033_1_25fd0ed4c00c0d25c51ee3accb737fee.jpg

Back
Top Bottom