trivia 9/6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
trivia 9/6

DID YOU KNOW...
Bones were one of the most recycled items before the twentieth century. Bones were often used for making buttons and gelatin, which was used in food processing, photography, and glue and paper making.

1. After 31 years and 15 albums, which band, led by vocalist Michael Stipe, announced in 2011 that they would be breaking up?
2. "Konnichiwa" is Japanese for "Hello". What is "Goodbye" in Japanese?
3. A purse is a small bag for storing money and other items. But where would you most likely find a 'purser'?
4. Fill in the blank with the right letter: _orrisome
5. After the 1972 Munich Massacre, Israel launched a covert operation to assassinate those involved with the massacre. What was this operation called?
6. What is the world's most expensive spice by weight?
7. The Bermuda Bowl is world championship in which game?
a. – Bridge
b. – Monopoly
c. – Scrabble
d. – Canasta
8. The first programmable device, invented in 1804, was punch cards – what were they used to “program”?

TRUTH OR CRAP ??
The “Black Cow” and the “Root Beer Float” are the same thing.
1. R.E.M.
2. Sayonora
3. on a ship
4. - W
5. Operation Wrath of God
6. Saffron
7. - a
8. Looms for making cloth

TRUTH !!
The "black cow" or "root beer float" was created on August 19, 1893. Frank J. Wisner, owner of Cripple Creek Brewing in Colorado, served the first root beer float. Inspired by the moonlit view of snow-capped Cow Mountain, Mr. Wisner added a scoop of ice cream to his Myers Avenue Red root beer and began serving it as the "Black Cow Mountain." The name was later shortened to "black cow."

Last edited:
i missed #'s 5 and 8.

speaking of root beer floats, i had one in lancaster, pa. last week that was phenominal. it was in a little amish diner, and it was made from homemade ice cream and homemade root beer. no kidding. they actually make their own root beer.

it was rich, and sweet, and creamy, and delicious. the best part, though, was the foam created by the mixing of the two. it had all of the aforementioned flavours, but in a whisper of air on a spoon. i can see some michelin starred chef serving root beer float foam on a dessert plate someday it was that good! lol.

I get their Root Beer in half-gallon jugs at the local Amish Mkt. I'm told it actually goes bad if not used in about a week........... never stays around that long............

Back
Top Bottom