Trouble sleeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LadyCook, I hope all these suggestions help you soon and set you off to a wonderful slumber.
Lying in bed, wondering why you can't fall asleep is awful. It's just not right. Here we go trying to turn our brains off and it's not possible sometimes. I do hope it works out for you soon so you can come back and report to all of us, your really fun dreams.........:-p

LadyCook, I hope all these suggestions help you soon and set you off to a wonderful slumber.
Lying in bed, wondering why you can't fall asleep is awful. It's just not right. Here we go trying to turn our brains off and it's not possible sometimes. I do hope it works out for you soon so you can come back and report to all of us, your really fun dreams.........:-p
:) You are so right about turning the brain off it takes a lot of work to shut it down I have spent so many nights years ago
not being able to shut down. As I said before its the ruminating that is the killer.

I am a life long insomniac and I have been prescribed just about every sleeping pill there is. Now I take a pill called klonapam and I am asleep with in 20-30 minutes. I feel for any body that can not go to sleep. When I was a working chef I use to lay in bed and plan my next days work that definitely did not work, it is no wonder some chef's are grouchy all the time no sleep. Keep trying, talk to your Doctor, follow UB advice drink a large glass of red wine

Just before sleeping sit in cross legged position (Padmasana) and try to visualise anything with it's minute details.

This thing really works for me, my nerves become relaxed and I feel sleepy within 7-10 mins.

I've also had a few close friends who suffer from anxiety issues who've slept horribly till the doctor prescribed anti-anxiety meds.

I have been on Celebrex for several years..even before Paul got sick. Since I lost him and son John I just don't sleep well..even with the meds. He wants me on the generic form of Xnax but I will not take it 3 x a day. I think it could be habit forming. i will take it at bedtime ( anywhere from midnight to 2 am) if I am still awake after my "ocean music" goes off..it is on for 45 min. But it is so nice to wake up and then go back to bed after a bathroom trip...lol

I, too, am a life-long insomniac. Because I like my drink, I have never taken a "sleeping pill". I am fortunate in that I do not have to work now. But when I did, I learned to simply get up and read. Now folk wonder how I can read a half dozen books a week! Well, it helps if you don't sleep!

Insomniac here, I used to lay in bed (yes dave me too) and go over the next days prep-list, and pray that my sous did not have a hangover or girlfriend problems. Then I started doing something very strange. Stop thinking about what you have to do and fantasize, I know it sounds strange, but it turns your brain off, I am always a warrior princess killing alians. Drink warm milk, grandmother told me that and it WORKS !!! Good luck, I know it is so hard. I would stress out over not being able to sleep and then it would stress me out more, then I would not sleep because I was trying to sleep so hard, it would stress me out..... viscous cycle

Stop thinking about what you have to do and fantasize, I know it sounds strange, but it turns your brain off, I am always a warrior princess killing alians.
Hey Chef Jolly, I have an idea for an avatar for you!!! But you're on to something with the fantasizing thing, I think. I'll try it tonight except I think George Clooney will be involved!

sneeky meds.

:(
I am a life long insomniac and I have been prescribed just about every sleeping pill there is. Now I take a pill called klonapam and I am asleep with in 20-30 minutes. I feel for any body that can not go to sleep. When I was a working chef I use to lay in bed and plan my next days work that definitely did not work, it is no wonder some chef's are grouchy all the time no sleep. Keep trying, talk to your Doctor, follow UB advice drink a large glass of red wine

watch out for that med. after my husband was murdered i was put on it. worked fairly well. two years later was taking twice the dose and hopelessly addicted. it took six months to kick it. dr. said was harder to kick that herion.
i believe him.

babe

:(

watch out for that med. after my husband was murdered i was put on it. worked fairly well. two years later was taking twice the dose and hopelessly addicted. it took six months to kick it. dr. said was harder to kick that herion.
i believe him.

babe
:( babe, I'm so sorry to hear that about your husband.

I don't do well with this type of thing so I have a tendency to avoid it, I am sorry to hear about what happened to you.

babetoo, I just read this thread and am sorry for the tragic loss of your husband and all that ensued afterwards. I am sorry that it still seems like yesterday; you no doubt have had to relive it over numerous times after.

Lady Cook, if you are menopausal it might be that you can't sleep because your hormones aren't balanced. Insomnia is very common among menopausal women. If this is the case, I wouldn't recommend Rx hormones. They could prove dangerous over time because they rearrange the molecular structure of the herbs that are bio-identical to your own natural hormones in order to get a patent. (Natural substances can't be patented.) However, a good quality bio-identical hormone could do the trick. If you think this might be the reason why you aren't sleeping then send me a PM and I will give you the phone number where I order mine from. I am leary to purchase in the store, even health food store, because I don't know the quality of the product.

Back
Top Bottom