True Confessions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
urmaniac13 said:
*making a note to call Hans & Franz to set up an appointment with Half Baked, just to pump her up:LOL:

img_305043_0_cd9fc4e6e4b13f6ebf80c3d21ffd4aea.jpg

I don't think missing a week would really hurt me.:LOL:
vicki-nixon.jpg

Actually this is Vicki Nixon - I found her pic on the web.:-p

I'm a fan of many of the stupid reality shows, even the ones for teenagers

Laguna Beach, Project Runway, Design Star, the Housewives of Orange County.......

cjs said:
O.K., so an old lady doesn't have command of the English language anymore!! :wacko: That blue-eyed cyclops was really two gentlemen (well, one anyway....) at different times.

Tom, please say you aren't responsible for those da-- running headlines along the bottom of the screen that completely distract me from hearing what is being said. (I'm one of those that has trouble walking and chewing gum at the same time - at least where tv is concerned):rolleyes:

yup, the lower third "crawl" as it's called is one of the systems i work on. have to test them weekly in each control room, repair as needed.

i know what you mean tho. i cannot stand too much info, too many graphics devices all inserting something in the video. i refuse to watch bloomberg tv.

i especially cannot stand "bugs", the semi-transparent network identifier, usually found in the lower right. the plain, small ones are ok, like cbs's. but some of the animated ones that flash across the screen, advertising upcoming shows really "bugs" the crap out of me. they're too distracting.

one of the first lessons in stage acting is that when there's dialogue, especially important to the theme of the scene, there should be no movement on stage. movement always takes precedence over voice, and you get distracted as the words are lost. (great vaudevillians used this as a funny vehicle tho...)

animated bugs on tv are doing the same thing, imo.

but i go on timing them in, adjusting levels, and triggering them for a test every week. it pays my salary. :(

ok, getting back on topic: i confess that i occasionally will sit down and eat an entire pizza, topped with lots of chopped raw onion and garlic, and almost a whole bottle of frank's hot sauce, washing it down with a litre and a half of wine.

of course, only when dw is out.

(oh, btw, ronjohn, you are a very disturbed man. :cool: )

I have a fetish for good kitchenware...copper pans, sharp knives, pro ranges, and I actually use them to cook, and I only watch cooking shows where the chef actually uses good stuff like Tyler or Mario. Sick sick in this microwave boil in bag, MRE world. I go crazy in Whole Foods, or Phily's Italian Market, or small markets in our great cities or a real farm stand. I wanna see dirt on those veggies...now I know they're fresh! sick sick in this plastic wrap world of ours. warped, that's what I am...

Back
Top Bottom