Turkey Joke (I think I read this actually happened)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Last year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!"

At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!

:ROFLMAO: I got this from a friend the other day too. I want to do this to some family members and friends!!! :LOL: You don't have to tell me......I'll go back to my corner now. :-p

:LOL: I will, but they all are probably more afraid of me than I am of what they might do to me!! I still can't understand why they would be; both daughters say it is a look I get and I have no idea what they mean! :angel:

Thanks for the laugh Barbara!

I think all mothers & teachers have "the look". Hubby has said that mine has made him want to run & hide a few times!:LOL:

Barbara L said:
Last year at Thanksgiving, my mom went to my sister's house for the traditional feast. Knowing how gullible my sister is, my mom decided to play a trick. She told my sister that she needed something from the store.

When my sister left, my mom took the turkey out of the oven, removed the stuffing, stuffed a Cornish hen, and inserted it into the turkey, and re-stuffed the turkey. She then placed the bird(s) back in the oven.

When it was time for dinner, my sister pulled the turkey out of the oven and proceeded to remove the stuffing. When her serving spoon hit something, she reached in and pulled out the little bird.

With a look of total shock on her face, my mother exclaimed, "Patricia, you've cooked a pregnant bird!" At the reality of this horrifying news, my sister started to cry. It took the family two hours to convince her that turkeys lay eggs!
THIS is too good!!! I may try to pull it off this Thanksgiving - lol - If it does not go well I will just go get back in the hot tub...LOL

Speaking of gullible, I heard about a trick to pull so on April 1st one year I tried it on a teacher I worked with. I said that it was really weird that the word "gullible" wasn't in any dictionary. Of course she looked it up. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

:) Barbara

Back
Top Bottom