Turkey Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aunt Bea

Master Chef
I am totally dumbfounded that 36 million pounds of ground turkey needs to be recalled. How could you produce that much product without some type of quality control or inspection process that would allow you to narrow down the problem? Very scary!

That's the current state of our USDA (Unites States Department of Agriculture), slovenly run by idiots just like the rest of the government.

Last edited:
Aunt Bea said:
I am totally dumbfounded that 36 million pounds of ground turkey needs to be recalled. How could you produce that much product without some type of quality control or inspection process that would allow you to narrow down the problem? Very scary!

Me too. (I'm kinda scary as well). No, really, with the recent egg ordeal, lettuce, sprouts, anything could be a culprit. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
I had eaten half a pound of ground turkey just days before hearing this last week. Leafy vegetables are one thing, but packaged meat should indeed be more closely watched.

I quit using it several years ago. It tastes exactly like cardboard to me.

At least now I won't be tempted again.

I quit using it several years ago. It tastes exactly like cardboard to me.

At least now I won't be tempted again.

I certainly wouldn't stop eating a food entirely because of a recall issue. Not anymore than I would stop using Tylenol because of past problems. Or driving a Pinto... OK, I wouldn't drive a Pinto :LOL:

pacanis said:
I certainly wouldn't stop eating a food entirely because of a recall issue. Not anymore than I would stop using Tylenol because of past problems. Or driving a Pinto... OK, I wouldn't drive a Pinto :LOL:

Thought you drove a truck, Pac. Pinto wouldn't be on the menu!

Last edited:
All it takes is one bad turkey. I've read that they grind thousands of them up at the same time, so it could potentially be in all of it. I guess its cheaper to throw out all that meat, than have to pay for court settlements.

Last edited:
Rocklobster said:
All it takes is one bad turkey. I've read that they grind thousands of them up at the same time, so it could potentially be in all of it. I guess its cheaper to throw out all that meat, than have to pay for court settlements.

Same with burger, or any other ground meat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom