Turning 40 gag gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NAchef

Sous Chef
My sister will be turning 40 in December and I would like some help.

I want to get some personalized M&M's here My M&M's® - Personalized Chocolate Candy Messages but I am not sure what to write. I will probably buy a couple different ones and would like your ideas. You can write on them here My M&M's® - Custom Printed Chocolate Candy Messages

Please help!

Also, I need some other ideas! I have already had some free samples of Depends sent to her house and will have a walker that has been passed around in the family when someone hits a milestone.

Thanks for any ideas!!

I gave my mother a wake for her 40th. She died 16 years later and still hadn't forgiven me for it. Make sure your sister isn't sensitive about turning 40 or you could really hurt her feelings.

A friend of the family, guy, was turning 50, so they planned a backyard surprise party.
The huge pine tree was decorated with 25 bras they collected from everyone and it had a sign on it-"Celebrating Fifty Big Ones":LOL::LOL:

nachef, have you ever seen one of those fake lottery scratch offs? they're a little cruel, as the scratcher thinks they've won a bunch of dough, but the fine print on the back explains that they've been had.

I know of a place that sells great gag-gift cards. I can't post the link here, but if you go to the blog address in my sig and scroll down, on the left side will be a link labeled Any Horrible Occasion. You should find some good aging b-day cards there.

nachef, have you ever seen one of those fake lottery scratch offs? they're a little cruel, as the scratcher thinks they've won a bunch of dough, but the fine print on the back explains that they've been had.
I love a good gag, but I think those are just mean. Have you watched the home video shows where they show people getting them? Something about bringing someone to a state of euphoria and then plunging them back to solid ground just isn't right!

As far as a wake or any other celebration poking fun at age, obviously the person would have to be the type who likes that kind of thing. I know a few people I could do that to, but I know a few others who would not find it amusing! Sixteen years seems like a long time to hold a grudge though!

:)Barbara

Our whole family does these type of things on "milestone" birthdays, so she knows what she is in for. We currently have a walker and a wheelchair that makes its rounds when those events come up.

There has been some great ideas and I just thought of a store here in town that would be perfect!

Any of you have any ideas on sayings for the M&M's?

Thanks for the help!

What is the letter limit?

I'll try to think of some good ones. Nothing is coming to me right now.

Oh, as far as more gifts, What about a "budget" hearding aid? It is just an ear-piece with a string that goes into the pocket (doen't really help, but everyone yells--actually saw that in a comic years ago!).

I heard about a place (I think in Washington D.C.) years ago that would send out dead roses. I don't know if anyone does that now.

What is the letter limit?

I'll try to think of some good ones. Nothing is coming to me right now.

Oh, as far as more gifts, What about a "budget" hearding aid? It is just an ear-piece with a string that goes into the pocket (doen't really help, but everyone yells--actually saw that in a comic years ago!).

I heard about a place (I think in Washington D.C.) years ago that would send out dead roses. I don't know if anyone does that now.

The second link in the first post takes you to a page that you can put words in. I think it is only 6 or or so per line.

I will take a picture of the walker I received recently and the customized wheelchair I got my wife. Gimmie a day or so to get them out of storage.

On my 40th my friends got together and went on a scavenger hunt in Cairo......it was so much fun as they got me all kinds of "junk"........they did the hunt before I arrived.....I've never forgotten that birthday

If money is no onbject, the Vermont Country Store has a lot of strange gadgets for elderly people.

I got Depends and Polident and Ensure for mine. :mad:

A friend of the family, guy, was turning 50, so they planned a backyard surprise party.
The huge pine tree was decorated with 25 bras they collected from everyone and it had a sign on it-"Celebrating Fifty Big Ones":LOL::LOL:

I like that.

My wife and best friend both turn 40 this spring and I'm in charge of the party for my wife. So this thread is timely for me =)

You could try "39 and Holding" or "1st Anniversary of 39th Birthday." As I remember, my mother had 17 of those anniversaries before she got a grip. Besides Depends and the Walker, you could get her some Beano, Geritol, a pair of cheap reading glasses from a Drug Store, and application for AARP, One A Day Vitamins for seniors, and make up a coupon for a free face and body lift. If she looks good for her age, and 40 is the new 30, she should be fine.

Have the party at like 4:00pm and serve Early Bird Specials! Cheap reading glasses with the string holder. Big button remote or phone. Lawrence Welk music.

Back
Top Bottom