TV Commercial Jingles from your childhood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Edgar.....This is your tummy, Edgar."
"My tummy?"
"It's boring down here, Edgar."
"Whaddaya want?"
"I want Malto-Meal, Edgar, Malto-Meal."
"mmmm-Okay."

Ishbel, you have no idea how goofy ads are! However, it seems the stranger they are, the more they stick in your brain!

jkath said:
Ishbel, you have no idea how goofy ads are! However, it seems the stranger they are, the more they stick in your brain!

We've had some that were pretty awful.... but, here's where I bow down to the superior awfullness of the US adverts!:ROFLMAO:

Ishbel said:
We've had some that were pretty awful.... but, here's where I bow down to the superior awfullness of the US adverts!:ROFLMAO:

Oh come on, show us some bad english ones too:)

have any of you seen the new version of the coke jingle where there on a roof top ??
i think the older one on the hillside is much better.

jkath said:
I'm one of those dorks that can remember useless random trivia, but have a hard time what I did last week. Along those lines, let's get out the way-back-machine and post some of the TV commercial jingles you remember from your childhood.

"A is for Apple
J is for Jacks
Cinnamon Toasty Apple Jacks
Need a good breakfast...
That's a fact
Start it out with
Apple Jacks!

.....Apple Tasting,
Crunchy too,
Kellogg's Apple Jacks!

My uncle was in advertising and was involved with the Apple Jacks commercials from that era. He had a hand in many commercials we all know, from Tony the Tiger to Charlie Tuna to Poppin' Fresh and many more. He's a very interesting person and has lots of fascinating stories.

BC

Oooooooooooh i wish i were an oscar meyer weiner, that is what i'd truely like to be.

Cause if i were an oscar meyer weiner, everyone would be in love with me.:)

Shampoos:
(was this Wella Balsam?)
"And I told two friends...
and so on...
and so on...
and so on..."

Anyone remember "Body on Tap" the shampoo with beer in it?

"Earthborn Apricot....
Green Apple...
Avacado.....
Strawberry toooooooooooooo"

Anyone remember "Body on Tap" the shampoo with beer in it?

vaguely. do you remember gee your hair smells terrific ?

middie said:
have any of you seen the new version of the coke jingle where there on a roof top ??
i think the older one on the hillside is much better.

Yes, I have seen that, and I think whoever modified the lyrics did a great job of "translating" the originals to modern slang.

That said, I remember the original one, barely, as we had just arrived back stateside from Japan. I also seem to remember one that had the original singers, then all their kids came in to join them. I think that version was back in the 90's.

How about the "Double-double cheese-cheese burger-burger please?" that Mary Lou Retten (sp?) did back in the early 80's?

Back
Top Bottom