"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM   #1
Cooking Links Contest Winner

Send a message via Yahoo to shannon in KS
Twitter anyone?

So i looked into twitter because it was all the rage. deleted it once, restored it after a few friends whined. but now, i am finding lots of new foodie friends on there yippee! Here is my link if u have a twitter and want to follow me, and then i can follow u!

Twitter / utopia7697

shannon in KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Head Chef

Anyone on Twitter?

I started using Twitter because my hubby started using it for work, I started following him and then I discovered other interests, people, etc that I wanted to follow. I am a twitter newbie. I rarely make a tweet.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #3
Master Chef

I joined it recently and I want off already. The first person that ask to follow me was from some sort of XXX site. I'm going by first impressions on this one and blocking everyone.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #4
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I am on it and I LOVE it. I communicate with my daughter and friends on there, and I follow a wide variety of people. Most of the people who have asked to follow me are friends, and some follow me because I have similar interests to them. I can block anyone I don't want following me.

I actually joined because of a woman I saw on Good Morning America. She said that a lot of people are finding jobs through people they talk to on Twitter and Facebook. I started following her, and I sent her a message asking about legitimate online jobs that you can do from home. She sent me a couple sites, and I joined them.

There are definitely a lot of weird people on there, but I mostly keep it on my home page, so I only see the people I follow. My husband has found lots of people involved in CAD, which is the kind of job he is looking for.

I love how instant it is. In fact, I read that when Lance Armstrong (cyclist) had his bad accident last month, he sent a message to Twitter about it, and the world knew about it before he got to the hospital and the news media found out about it. A lot of celebrities like it because they can squelch some rumors before they have a chance to spread.

Barbara
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 AM   #5
Chief Eating Officer

I joined a while ago, but did not realize I had. then just this week I got a request from my uncle to follow me so all of a sudden I realized I had an account. I have just started posting tweets this week. I am still not sure if I have a need for this yet, but I will give it some time and see what I think.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Senior Cook

I joined last week just to see what it was all about. Someone with commercial interests immediately asked to follow me. Then the next day - coincidence or no? - I started getting hundreds of alerts and urgent pop ups about viruses and security. Got that fixed, but it was really annoying. I still don't "get" Twitter. Maybe I'm too old but I really don't care to follow anyone's minute by minute musings. I cancelled my account the day after I signed up.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Head Chef

I am following some diet/healthy eating bloggers on Twitter and I plan to use it to help me look for another job, when the time comes. My hubby is up for a transfer to TX later this year and I dread the thought of leaving my good job and going into this crappy job market. I don't get the whole Twitter thing, but I think it could be very useful, so I'll stick with it.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
Sous Chef

I am in Twitter but I don't log in often.
radhuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #9
Senior Cook

I just got on twitter. I still don't completely understand it, but I am going to give it a try for now.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #10
Senior Cook

Hey Shannon, finding foodie friends on there would be great. I am following you now. I am foodaholic8 on twitter. Nice to meet you!