"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-15-2009, 02:53 AM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teri's Therapy View Post
Hmmm...my kitchen is mine, if he wants to eat he keeps his yapper shut, and if he wants to get stabbed he trespasses during meal prep...but he can make a mean grilled cheese when the occasion strikes!
hahaha

My man can cook! Better yet, he likes what I set in front of him, so I consider it a real compliment when he does that "mmmm mmhmm" thing and nods at me while we eat. We're both pretty good about letting the other just do their thing in the kitchen. I don't feel a need to hover or correct or offer advice. He's an adult and perfectly capable. =)

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh View Post
...so I consider it a real compliment when he does that "mmmm mmhmm" thing and nods at me while we eat.
Oh yeah, that makes a cook's heart sing.

Old 03-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #13
Master Chef

me & jake cook together quite well. it's kinda odd, with my apartment kitchen & nary enough room fer 1 & the 2 of us squeezed in there together without bickering over space allotted.
we work well together - he washes didhes, i put them away, then we cook dinners together. we don't speak too often while we cook except to say 'pass me the salt, babe?' or something similar.
then we dine on our efforts.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #14
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooksie View Post
Oh yeah, that makes a cook's heart sing.

jake um-hmmmmms, too & i love it so!
Old 03-16-2009, 02:05 PM   #15
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooksie View Post
We are both still very loving partners. Neither of us really minds when the other is in charge. I admit that he cooks a lot of things better than me, but I can smoke him when it comes to other dishes.
I would find your arrangement very uncomfortable. It sounds like you are doing an "Anything You can do, I can Do Better" dance, and I don't see how that can be good for the relationship.

I'm a cooking teacher, so I'm accustomed to leading in the kitchen. However when someone wants to cook for me, I'm happy to take the viewer's role and let them do it!

My favorite person to cook for is a good cook, but usually I cook and he does the dishes.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:08 PM   #16
Master Chef

We have one cook in this house. Just look at my username and you'll get the picture!