Two Days To 12/12/12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any idea of how much they raised? I hope this doesn't turn into another 9/11 where most of the money raised never reached the people. It went into the genereal fund for the Red Cross. :angel:

we will probably hear about proceeds from the concert shortly in the news. i expect it will break some records of monies raised by previous benefit events. what troubles me most is the enormous amount of money that is needed to restore nd rebuild new york and, new jersey and environs. hundreds of billions of dollars? i don/t know if that is the latest estimate, but whatever it is, that number is sure to be double or tripled before the work is finished. i'm afraid homeless, displaced and otherwise seriously affected people will be suffering for a protracted period of time. there is still a lot of work to be done to restore new orleans from the ravages of hurricane katrina seven years ago.

Last edited:
He's real. He buys my kids cheap Christmas gifts when we're broke :LOL:
My children believe that Santa only gives gifts to children that don't have any. If only that were true!

Faeries are real too, my favourite one goes by the name Shannon but he doesn't have a wand ;)

All my faerie friends just think they're queens :LOL::ROFLMAO:
At least that's how I treat them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

uhhh...right. Next you'll be trying to tell me there's no Santa Clause :LOL:

i've been worrying about santa lately...superman too. you know, most households don't have fireplaces (and therefore, chimneys) these days anymore.--and you know yourself that telephone booths have become as rare as land-line phones, what with everybody wokin' around with mobiles glued to their ears. so, will someone please tell me where on earth santa and clark kent can go to take care of their business?

'course, i never did understand why clark used those booths to change his outfits in anyhow. would you expose yourself in a small crowded space like that, surrounded by clear plexiglass? i think not....

Last edited:
i've been worrying about santa lately...superman too. you know, most households don't have fireplaces (and therefore, chimneys) these days anymore.--and you know yourself that telephone booths have become as rare as land-line phones, what with everybody wokin' around with mobiles glued to their ears. so, will someone please tell me where on earth santa and clark kent can go to take care of their business?

'course, i never did understand why clark used those booths to change his outfits in anyhow. would you expose yourself in a small crowded space like that, surrounded by clear plexiglass? i think not....

oh my heck...:LOL:Vitauta:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

There is a nutcase out there that has rewritten "The Night Before Christmas." She no longer has Santa smoking his pipe with circles of smoke around his head.

I wish folks would just stay out of my world and let me have my fantasies. I am old enough now to start my dotage and go into my second childhood as I remember my first.

You all think I am already daft. Stop that laughing. I can hear you!!! :angel:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom