Tyler Florence and Applebees

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok ok ok ...

img_333510_0_c888f66554fccfd8fcb1951f0bbebe4f.jpg

skilletlicker said:
Isn't "New England Roadhouse" a euphemism for brothel?:)

Thanks to Mr. Babcock for demonstrating what bashing really is. I wouldn't have considered Aurora's comment, as quoted by Alix, to be in the same category.

Geez, I also had a smiley in there, too.:rolleyes: You act like I kicked him in the nether regions!:ROFLMAO: Some people are too thin-skinned for the internet!:LOL:

Good golly, just found, and read, this thread and think there are folks that have their knickers in a knot.

I appreciate the opinions of all of you, and your ability to express them in a civil manner. It is why I love this forum.

They opened an Applebees in our town a few years ago. We went for lunch and both ordered the riblets, I think they were called

It was pressed pork, not ribs, with no bones but they tasted OK. Were served with a ton of fries, which we do not eat many of, and cole slaw.

Bad, no. Good, no.

And have not gone back, but the lot is usually packed so I guess a lot of folk like the stuff.

We prefer to avoid chains and go to local restaurants, just our choice.

And in some we have had great meals and some have been very poor.

Recently were at a restaurant that served 'pouisson' roasted.

It was not a pouisson, there was no way one could get the skin falling off the bird and the texture it had than by cooking, not warming it, in the nuker, and it was stuffed with potatoes.

Blech.

But we ate it and left.

If we want a really fine meal will go to an expensive restaurant and pay the fare or cook at home.

We generally shun Applebee's, Denny's, Red Lobster and the ilk. Just our preference.

Applebee's apparently does a good enough job to make money. And if Tyler wants some of it, so be it.

We have enough problems, and do not have to worry about people who want food that we don't particularly want to partake.

Just our opinion here. God bless and take care.

Rob Babcock said:
Geez, I also had a smiley in there, too.:rolleyes: You act like I kicked him in the nether regions!:ROFLMAO: Some people are too thin-skinned for the internet!:LOL:
Rob,
I'm not particularly thin-skinned and found nothing objectionable in your post. (I don't mind a good bash if it isn't done by a bully.) I merely used a portion of it to support Aurora. My thanks to you were, and are, sincere.
It is ironic that only the relatively small portion of your comments that reflect poorly on Mr. Florence survive, through quotation, while the main part, which was a well written defense of Applebees, is lost forever.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Jeeze guys (and gals)! Tyler Florence has great "cred", and if he wants to increase his branding by consulting with Applebee's all the best to him and Applebee's.

I'm not crazy about Applebee's, Coco's, Carrows, Chilis, or any of the chain restaurants. But I'm not going to say we would never sink so low as to go to one. Yes, I'm a great cook, but once in a while it's nice to just grab a quick lunch - and it's better than McD's, Whopper King, or whatever burger joint's along the road - and not a whole lot more money.

Our first experience at the new local Chili's was so bad that I wrote a scathing note to them on their feedback form. We haven't been back since - but may go. We're in an area were there aren't a lot of excellent restaurants, and most of the places serve the same 10 items - just prepared to different degrees ranging from edible to disgusting.

Food is so subjective - it's based on personal experience, personal taste, and so many other factors. Someone born and raised in North Dakota may have a whole different take on what excellent food is from someone born and raised in Louisianna or California. (A friend tried to talk me into opening a Mexican restaurant in NoDak. because there weren't any - seems to me there probably was a good reason - maybe no one there likes Mexican food!:mellow:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom