UFO's - Do You Believe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
Ever since the Roswell UFO incident in July of 1947, when an alleged spacecraft crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, there has been wide speculation on the existence of alien beings from other planets.

From that event have come many movies, books, TV programs, and all sorts of cults and other phenonena.

My question today is this.

Do you believe there are alien species in the universe - intelligent or otherwise?

Do you believe we are being or have been visited?

Have you even seen a UFO?

I believe there is other intelligent life in the universe. Most likely more than one other. No doubt there are not so intelligent life forms as well.

It's not unreasonable to assume we have been visited but I'm very skeptical about all the sightings recorded to date.

To the best of my knowledge, I have never seen a UFO.

I am not sure if I believe or not.

It seems logical to me that if we exist then others may exist.

We may have been visited in the past and they felt we were not worth bothering with.

I have seen a couple of things I could not identify so yes I guess I have seen a UFO.

I enjoy the television programs with people like Leonard Nimoy where they explore ancient sites around the globe and put forth theories of what might have been.

This is one of those topics where we may be much better off not knowing! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Is there life elsewhere in the universe? Hard to say. Science has shown us just how specific the conditions had to be here on Earth for life to emerge (or be created depending on your ideology). Will those exact conditions happen across the vastness of space? What are the odds? Yet there may be other planets inhabited by entities so different from us as to be unrecognizable to us as life. I've never seen a UFO. I enjoy the premise of life on other planets in movies and stories but not really sure if I believe it to be true.

I guess I'm arrogant. :LOL: I do not believe in life on other planets.

As far as UFO's, it means Unidentified Flying Object, so I do believe people have seen things they could not identify flying in the air. I don't believe in spacecraft from other planets or galaxies though.

-For a very long time when I was young I was absolutely positive that we came from outer space, I believed in space travel, I believed in UFO as they are called, I have to admit I have never believed in Big Bang theory. The ideas they were trying to put into our heads back in Soviet Union just did not work for me. I am as opposite from an atheist as it gets, even though government have tried to pound that believe into my head for as long as lived there.
-
- Having said that, I may have been wrong (not about the atheism), I do not want to say that I do not believe in possibility of life elsewhere, who knows it may be possible, but traveling is hardly improbable, at least according to all the laws of physics that we know today.

I have a very morbid view of it. I am sure there is other life form out there. Maybe not in the form of humanoids but other biological organizms. They won't come in spaceshps but probably stuck to or inside meteorites. They probably come all the time but may not be able to survive in our atmosphere so they die off. They may come and consume a particualr organism here on earth like certain plants, mammals, etc. They could be here now. Or, in the worst case scenerio, they will come here and herd us all up like chickens and eat us....However it happens, it probably won't be good.:alien:

I think it would be awful arrogant of us to assume we are the only life in the universe.

Having said that, I've never seen a UFO that I'm aware of.

So true Steve. If you believe in a God, I doubt that we would be the only creation in all the universe. Have never seen a UFO, nor have any desire to do so.

I think some folks believe in them, but are afraid of being thought a nut case or kook if they admit to it. :angel:

Ever since the Roswell UFO incident in July of 1947, when an alleged spacecraft crashed near Roswell, New Mexico, there has been wide speculation on the existence of alien beings from other planets.

From that event have come many movies, books, TV programs, and all sorts of cults and other phenonena.

My question today is this.

Do you believe there are alien species in the universe - intelligent or otherwise?

Do you believe we are being or have been visited?

Have you even seen a UFO?

Have you, Mrs? :huh:

I'm still waiting to meet some intelligent life already here...
Present company excluded of course :rolleyes:

I believe in others. At least that they were here in the past. I watch enough of "those shows" to believe there is no way some of that stuff could have been created way back when without outside help. Too many unexplained things or cultures advanced well beyond what they should have been, or beyond the other cultures around them at the time.

I have little doubt that there are other lifeforms in the universe. Some intelligent, some not so much. I have seen plenty of stuff flying that I couldn't identify, so yes I have seen UFOs. Have I seen flying saucers and little green (or other colored) people? No.
As for the sightings, I wonder....Given all the ridiculous stuff that has been broadcast on radio and TV over the decades....I wonder what any intelligent life out there thinks of us.
Maybe we are a tourist attraction for other space-faring life forms.

If you believe in a God, I doubt that we would be the only creation in all the universe.
Even if one doesn't believe in a God, amino acids, the building blocks of life are based on a handful of elements that exist everywhere: carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen. I find it hard to believe that Earth is the only planet out of trillions and trillions where conditions are ideal for these elements to sprout life.

NASA has even found amino acids in meteorites.
NASA - Building Blocks of Life Created in "Impossible" Place

And amino acids are the only building blocks that we're aware of. Maybe there are other combinations of elements out there that can do the same thing. We just haven't run across them yet.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised to find that the universe is actually teeming with life. I don't think it's that far fetched. The problem is that we can't see far enough outside of our own solar system to know what's beyond its boundaries.

Remember that for hundreds of years native Americans thought they were all alone in the world until one day ships full of strange looking Europeans showed up on their shores. Let's hope that in our first alien encounter, the outsiders treat us a little better.

Last edited:

I believe in others. At least that they were here in the past. I watch enough of "those shows" to believe there is no way some of that stuff could have been created way back when without outside help. Too many unexplained things or cultures advanced well beyond what they should have been, or beyond the other cultures around them at the time.

I remember the book "Chariots of the Gods", and the rebuttal book, "Crash Go the Chariots" from my HS days. The former made a good case for previous cultures being instructed by otherworldly folks in stuff way beyond the then-current knowlege.

I agree, we're pretty elitist to think we're the only beings in the universe.

I've never seen a UFO, though the Aurora Borealis is an awesome sight!

Last edited:

I believe I have actually - more than once. The first time was in Portland, Oregon and some would say that's the reason LOL

The 2nd and 3rd times was when we were living on the coast.

I do believe there is other life but in what form remains to be seen.

There is an awful lot of stuff that has happened over the years that point to perhaps e.t. help and a lot of unexplained things that also point in that direction.

Too bad there is not a way to go back in time and see what really happened and we acquired the technology we did in such a short span of time.

I've never seen an E.T. alien nor have I seen a UFO up close and I'm not so sure I actually want to.

But I know what I saw when I saw it all 3 times and nobody will convince me that it was a weather balloon or helicopter or plane or bird.

the next time they use a tractor beam (ok, 2, i'm a fatass) to bring me into tneir ship, i won't drop my pants since they said, in horror, that there was nothing left to learn from anal probes.

i think i was insulted.

pac, it's a shame that you don't believe in earthlings. your theory in itself is corrupt.
if someone else from another planet can figure this stuff out, why can't we? :( we're not good enough to figure out how things work? how to use earth elements to blow things up, then channel thise explosions. that's all sort of rudimentary.

for my opionion, we haven't begun to explore a fraction of a fraction of planets with a nickel iron core (for a magnetic shield to solar"winds" that spins and orbits a certain distance from an equally certain powerful star in order to allow for a similar life form as ours to exist, along with the injection of water and specifically energy based animated organc carbon compunds.

yeah, while the specific equation of the tremendous number of very exclusive set of parameters excludes an inordinate number of galaxies that we theorize exist, the math is in the favour if "there might be at least one".

lol, and while the former is math, the last bit is conjecture based on hope until our science progresses more.

we won't kmow for many generations.

unless pac is right, and they tip us off on how to find them.

hmm, why haven't they done it yet?

:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom