Uhoh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I was messing around cleaning today and I moved Kate's Furby (an old one, not the new guys). He woke up and so I started messing with him...I don't know what I did, but he's frozen in sort of a "silent scream" position. Eek. Anyone know how to fix him? His voice chip is hooped too, don't suppose anyone knows how to fix THAT either?

Katie dear, if you read this before I can tell you about it...SORRY!

LOL, I did that at my grandmothers house while she was in Spokane and we were fixing her toilet. I just messed with it and got it talking again and it FINALLY shut up.
Do they have batteries? If so, check the battery.

Alix, you killed the poor thing:LOL:
I don't know how to fix those weird things. Maybe someone else will before she see's it:)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Don't say that! I feel bad enough looking at his starey little eyeballs! Come on people, someone must know how to fix this little guy! Help me out here.

Does it have a little reset button somewhere on it? My kids have never had a Furby but TC had a little electronic dog that froze up on me once. I found a tiny reset button that had to be pushed in with a pen point or something & that fixed it.

http://members.tripod.com/Inspector_GeoCities/furby_doctor.htm

furby doctor says to do these! Hopefully, it'll work!!
Make sure you are using fresh alkaline batteries.

[SIZE=+1]2. Try taking the batteries out and then putting them back in again.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]3. Replace batteries if they happen to be dead.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]4. Press the reset button on the bottom about 5 times with something sharp.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]5. If still malfunctioning, hold Furby upside down while depressing the tongue switch and pressing reset at the same time.[/SIZE]

Last edited:
First, I have no quick fix. When daughter's Furby wouldn't shut up, she just left him in the linen closet facing the wall until no more noise was heard.

This was about 30 minutes after she bought him. Never played with him again.

btw...am i the only one who finds the whole concept of this thread increadibly funny?!? (not in a mean way!!!)

Nope. Sucker is still dead.

mudbug, when we first got this furby Kate dropped it the day after she got it and it got stuck in "scream" mode. I had to hit the reset button to shut it up. Kate was most distressed, as it sounded like she killed the fool thing! LOL.

mugsy, no, you aren't alone in finding this amusing. I can't believe I am posting this stuff!

While all of you are laughing, I am seeking refuge in a holy place! Those things oog me out! Reminds me of that little mogwai on Gremlins. They freak me out more than those yard gnomes (I know dang well their eyes move when you walk by and they walk around at night eating things you shouldn't eat....) :huh:

Back
Top Bottom