Ultimate word

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spork

Head Chef
One of my favorite words is "proof." I confess I am a lush. I have a hard time rolling my rrrgh's, so I also like the word without it. I hate the progressive verb tense of "introduce." I look like a chimpanzee every time I say, "choco."

Post your most and least favorite word.

Heaven Help Me:

"Anesthetize" is a real tongue twister for me and I have to deliberately slow down to pronounce each sylable. Unfortunately, I still manage to get it wrong a majority of the time.

My favorite:

"Photography" a compound word of two Latin terms that have significance.

babetoo said:
my grandkids say that i pronounce the word shrimp funny. i never hear it myself.

Lol Babe! My mom pronounces "shrimp" a little differently too! She almost doesn't pronounce the "h" at all. Is that how you say it? I always figured her being from the mid-west/south was why she said "srrimp".

I like lots of words. I can't think of any right now that I don't like. I'm always trying to increase my vocabulary (I like that word alot). I also like the word laboratory.

I've been several places where people pronounce that little crustation "srimp", and often when they do they use it plural (as in "srimps").

Two of my favorite words are actually French, parapluie and pomplemousse. I've probably misspelled both. There's just something about them that makes me want to laugh.

Claire said:
I've been several places where people pronounce that little crustation "srimp", and often when they do they use it plural (as in "srimps").

Two of my favorite words are actually French, parapluie and pomplemousse. I've probably misspelled both. There's just something about them that makes me want to laugh.

Claire, I love pamplemousse (grapefruit) cool word!

I love it, Claire,.....umbrella and grapefruit. I like those words, too.

As for me, I think one of my favorite words is Albuquerque, which I think also looks pretty neat when it's written.

Can't think of a word I don't care for...yet. I'm sure one will come to mind before long.

The best word has to be 'Funnel' it makes you do strange things with your teeth and lips, and then when you think about it you can't help but move your mouth in weird ways.

Lol Babe! My mom pronounces "shrimp" a little differently too! She almost doesn't pronounce the "h" at all. Is that how you say it? I always figured her being from the mid-west/south was why she said "srrimp".

We were helping a friend move to Atlantic Beach a couple of years ago. We passed one of those roadside signs that have the plastic letters. One of the letters had fallen off.
It said " hrimp--$2.99 /lb"
We been calling them hrimp ever since. :LOL:

I'll have to give this one some thought!

my grandkids say that i pronounce the word shrimp funny. i never hear it myself.

In this area quite a few people say "skrimp" for "shrimp." Also "Skreet" for "street."

Hoot said:
We were helping a friend move to Atlantic Beach a couple of years ago. We passed one of those roadside signs that have the plastic letters. One of the letters had fallen off.
It said " hrimp--$2.99 /lb"
We been calling them hrimp ever since. :LOL:

My mom, a proud Canuck, after a visit down south proudly proclaimed she could speak southern. "Balled srimp". When my brother was little, he also called 'em hrimp.

We went to a local ice cream store years ago, since gone, and on a carefully handwritten sign saw an advert for "Buttfinger Malts". Bet those were "special".

Back
Top Bottom