Unexpected pleasures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have two today (unexpected in itself):

School principal left a garbled message on the phone this morning. My kid has done something good, but I couldn't quite understand what it was. Didn't have time to call him back because of an emergency delivery I had to make out of the office.

During regular staff meeting this morning, one of my colleagues asked one of the questions the rest of us have been talking about among ourselves. Fun to watch her squirm in front of everyone. Colleague and I stayed behind to point out a few other observations that had her backtracking like crazy.

I ordered some hemp seed protein powder, which came today and it tasted really good in my smoothie!

And its green! :mrgreen: :-p

mudbug said:
hemp seed protein powder? hmmmmm, hadn't heard it called that before, redkitty......... ;)

haha!!! :LOL:

My unexpected pleasure today is the giant care package my Dad sent me. 4 huge bags of my favorite coffee beans and 8 bags of ground flax seed! I can buy this stuff here but it makes him so happy to send it and it makes me feel like home! :)

Im really glad it came today, I needed some cheering up.

For those of you who don't know, Callum is ball obsessed! Or as Aidan told me, ball possessed. :LOL: His first word was ball and taking him to the grocery store is soo funny. Everything he sees in the produce, he sings "ballll. baaallll."

My unexpected pleasure:
Clear as day, last night Callum said "ball," in his sleep. Maybe Aidan has a point about being ball possessed. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

here's my unexpected goodie -
I checked on my email that I only use for ebay and lo and behold, something of mine sold 2 days ago that hours before didn't even have one single bid! I'm $40 dollars richer! Woo hoo!

Redkitty - I take flax seed oil vitamins every day for my dry skin - what do you do with the ground flax seed? I may need to try it!

Not really unexpected but our relationship has developed over the past 4 weeks. I am now in a deep commited relationship with a person who truly understands my needs and I can trust. I have found my fish monger.

Thats great Redkitty!

I just woke up feeling good and like everything is working in my body. Thats fairly unexpected and definitly a real pleasure! :)

JDP said:
Not really unexpected but our relationship has developed over the past 4 weeks. I am now in a deep commited relationship with a person who truly understands my needs and I can trust. I have found my fish monger.

Now that's a good thing!

My daughter and wife are really quite ill with a very nasty cold, Hannah (my daughter) has been totaly off here food even her bottles :(
I gave her some chicken chunks from the soup I made and she would like the juice off and put it back :(

Sooooo, I decide to mash the chicken with a fork, add some soup juice to it (not too much because of the salt) and add a little instant mash potato flakes.
she ate it ALL!
and without the normal fuss and battle that usualy accompanies feeding time :)

so yeah, I`m Quite pleased :))

My son is back home, tan, hairy and hungry!

I saw some tulips poking their way up through the ground today.

It was a good day at work!

Back
Top Bottom