"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Old 02-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #21
Executive Chef
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
My little guy is sleeping late this morning, this means I have time to chat on DC!

Michele Marie
Michelemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:04 AM   #22
Executive Chef
Send a message via MSN to YT2095
I had an unexpected visit from a good friend of mine this morning, he rarely comes here to the Lab, but we see each other at the Gardens a couple of times a week for a good chat and a beer or seven in the potting shed.

he came with half ounce of Cherry Tobacco (I roll my own cigs), I`ve not had cherry tobacco for Years! and only ever mentioned it to him in passing several months ago, it seems he didn`t forget :)

So long and Thanks for all the Fish ;)

YT2095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #23
Master Chef
Send a message via MSN to crewsk
I was awakened this morning to my kids & dog climbing in bed with me. It was nice just to lay in that big warm bed with my 3 "babies" & cuddle for a while.
"Treat everyone with politeness,even those who are rude to you - not because they are nice, but because you are."
crewsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Hospitality Queen
I'm putting in flooring soon, so yesterday I made a diagram of the area I want done (to check on square footage). Anyway, after I looked at the drawing, I realized that the coat closet (which we barely use) butts up to the side of the pantry....which means I can knock out the adjoining wall and expand!
Come visit my foodie blog: www.SockmonkeysKitchen.com
This week's topic: Pinterest and Potatoes
jkath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:52 AM   #25
The ladies I had helping me with the Safety Pin dinner last night were INCREDIBLE. I only had to explain how I wanted the evening to run and they took it from there. All I had to do was plate and they handled the service and clean up without me! I love working with people who don't need hand holding. It was a real treat.
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire
doing grocery shopping and finding ground round pre-made patties for 1.49 a lb. Whooo hoo..Since we are planning to bbq tomorrow, this was just the thing. Cost wonderful, and no patting and shaping And then coming home to find two little kids here plus a helper to unload the car!

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #27
Senior Cook
My brother came home for a week, he lives in Washington State and I am in Michigan). First time he was home in eight years.
stargazer021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #28
Head Chef
I am in Santa Barbara today and staying with some friends. The weather is very nice and Jolie and Tiny (that is their dog) are having a great time.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:03 PM   #29
Head Chef
Roma! Who could know it would be so lovely.....just a brief afternoon and hardly saw a thing, but I was hooked from the moment I saw the orage trees dripping in fruit lining the roads and train tracks! I ran a round in my couple of spare hours, the Spanish steps, via del corso, the monument to Vittorio Emanuale, Trastevere ... I did not expect to like it as much!
In omnibus amor et iustum
lulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 04:12 PM   #30
Sous Chef
It is snowing again and I don't have to go anywhere. I'm wearing a big warm sweatshirt and flanned jammie pants. Man I'm envious of all of you in warmer destinations, while being thankful that I don't live on Lake Ontario!

PytnPlace is offline   Reply With Quote