Unexpected Pleasures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
go for an extra quick walk red you'll feel only half as bad!

I was done working early yesterday an dwas able to be home and relaxing for a bit before my company came!

sitting in dh's computer room,finishing an exchange and watching food tv..All of a sudden two skinny little arms go round my neck and the most beautiful green eyes in the world look into mine and then a sweet hug and kiss, Cade is here...Oooops, more hugs coming from around my tummy as a little one climbs into my lap howling to his brother no Cade my Ma, my Ma..You have no idea how happy this made me and it was unexpected, they were still in jammies and slippers :LOL: boy do I love these babies..
kades:)

It's the Memorial Day weekend here in the U.S.A., which is the unofficial beginning of our summer vacation season.

Buck and I are sitting on our big front porch (as we always are this time of the year) and I glanced over and saw......our first lightning bug - firefly for those of you who are unfamiliar with them. Sooooo cool. We'll be seeing waves of them in the darkness of the yard for the remainder of the summer season. Love those glowing little critters. I might have to get an empty mayonnaise jar, poke some holes in the lid with some nails and catch a few to put by my bedside tonight. Yeah!!!!

Katie you make me want a big front porch so bad!
All I have is some concrete steps. :(

my grandson was coming over for info. on machine embroidery. surprise he brought wife and baby.

some of u may remember the tiny premie we were all worried about. she is five months old now. still tiny but tiny and chubby, sweet sweet face. she is smiling a lot and is starting to laugh out loud. she is about a month behind a full term baby. we are all so pleased she is doing well. i had not seen her for a month or son, so it was a nice surprise.

babe:):):)

we had one, screened in even, at our first house, but the neighborhood wasn;t anything we wanted to sit outside and watch. :(
I miss having an old house. So much more interesting! This house was built in 1973 so it's boring boring boring.

I made two Banana bread loaf's for my sister and 60 ham balls for the freezer. felt real good doing something besides sitting and watching the idiot tube

I made two Banana bread loaf's for my sister and 60 ham balls for the freezer. felt real good doing something besides sitting and watching the idiot tube
Good for you , Dave. Wish my hubby would get off his behind and do something productive. He doesn't watch the tube but sits and twiddles this thumbs. :wacko:

Katie you make me want a big front porch so bad!
All I have is some concrete steps. :(
You're right Suzie, a front porch is awesome. I'm lucky enough to have a big one like KatieE and we are out there most evenings. Until you can get one built (or move), do you have a patio? You can set your patio up to function like a porch with a big market umbrella or two and some rocking chairs or other comfortable chairs.

We do have a large patio in back with a roof covering most of it, and a large yard to stare at, but I like to sit on the front steps and watch a car every 15 min go by or wave to people taking a walk. There's just something about sitting in front I guess!!!!!

We do have a large patio in back with a roof covering most of it, and a large yard to stare at, but I like to sit on the front steps and watch a car every 15 min go by or wave to people taking a walk. There's just something about sitting in front I guess!!!!!
You're not using binoculars when doing this, are you?:LOL:

It has been a hot and humid day and it just started to shower. I went outside on the screened in porch, to smell the wonderful fragrance of rain and to feel the cooler air , felt so refreshing.

One of my customers brought me a walleye filet an hour ago :)
I haven't had walleye for years, since when I used to fish. He caught this over by Toledo yesterday. It will be eaten tomorrow, as the dock people (charter fishing) filet and freeze.
This is truly an unexpected pleasure... and it's food related :)

Susie, no front steps here. In Jersey we called it a stoop.
I only have 3 steps to my front door (up 8' above sea level), so I tie the weiner dog to a long line and he digs for lizzards. Makes me laugh every time. He's full of sand, nose covered, tail wagging to beat the band, and he's conquered his world.
Then he gets a bath, Da Du Dum Dum Da! "but mommie I don't want to", and then prances around like he owns the world!

As usual this time of the year and this time of the day, Buck and I are sitting on our big front porch. Our almost 3-month-old kittens are having a blast playing in the grass and "trying" to climb trees.

A few minutes ago all 4 of the kittens seemed to be having a pow wow in the center of the yard. They were quite intent on the "thing" that was the subject of their curiosity.

Lo and behold, there was a large turtle sashaying across the yard. Just moseying along. Looked a lot like a WWI helmet hovering over the grass. He was big...overall, bigger than a dinner plate. Not intimidated by anyone or anything. Just going on his way.

The kittens lost interest and Mr. Turtle carried on through the yard.

Katie, I had a similar turtle experience last summer with my two little dogs, Harley and Lola. Heard this commotion in the back yard, looked out over the deck and there are the dogs, barking their heads off at a box turtle that was unfortunate enough to enter "their" yard! One was barking at its front end, one at the back. They were trying to figure out what this was. They harassed it so badly that I had to go pick it up and place it outside the fence, at the woods. As I was carrying it, it stuck its head out and looked right at me; I could swear it was smiling....

Back
Top Bottom