Update and Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If at all possible, I'd look for another apartment that's nowhere near any ex.

That's a lot of stress on Nick that coould effect your relationship.

I offered to do that and Nick said no. Initially I chose the apartment because I could survive on my own with it because it wasn't too expensive, should I have to wait more than a couple of months for Nick to join me. Plus I just signed the lease today... :(

Do you think I can call her tomorrow and ask her to cancel the lease for that reason? I gave her the deposit and first months rent a month ago...

I would think that if you just signed the lease that you would have a certain amount of time to change your mind. If it's like signing a contract here in the states, you have something like 3 or 5 days to void the contract. Read the fine print of the lease and see if there is anything in there or check with an attorney. But UB's right, you need to find another apartment.

Is there a history of harassment? Is the ex that type? If he is already upset it's not going to get better.
Even if the ex doesn't notice you, which if he is past it he shouldn't, guys don't like exes.... just as girls dont... ok I dont anyway!!

OK, I am going to tell Nick when he gets home from the gym...I'll tell him that I will find another apartment that I can survive in alone until he joins me.. I am not fully comfortable either living there. I specifically went there to sign the lease so I didn't really have time to think it through....

No history of harassment... but I wouldn't like it if I were him either.

It is so hard to find a nice affordable apartment close to work. I work downtown so all the places close to it are slummy.

Slummy ugly or slummy bad neighbors?
Ugly can be fixed... crackheads not so much....

:) I say stay unless he is a freak he most likely has a girlfriend but if you feel he is a danger then maybe move. What I mean is just because he lives by you doe's not mean he is a problem. What you will need to do is let him know you are there and that you have a fiancee, feel him out and then make your decision. How did the relationship end between you two?
Good or Bad?

Keep in mind too that with Nick being so far away, he can't "see" what's going on, all he'll have is his imagination. If he's already insecure, that's not such a good thing.

Just think, once you get married and settle into your lives, you'll start having kids and things will settle down. Then all you'll have to worry about is having to take your kid to the doctor because they stuck a lego up their nose. :ROFLMAO:

When is my life ever going to just even out without any big things happening? Bleh! lol

right now I could tell you maybe after you are maried and the kids are all grown and gone... because I'm nowhere close.

but just think of all the experience you'll have!!!!

I found this website Saph that may help. It has a phone number you can call to get answers about leasing questions in Ontario.

Ontario Tenants Rights

Maybe they can help. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom