Update on abused Great Dane

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I thought you all would like to know that Baby, the female Great Dane my daughter rescued, has gained over 10 lbs. and is a very happy girl.
Here's a picture of her on the couch with her friend, Heidi, a Beagle and Australian Shepherd mix. My son-in-law is on the other end of the pillow.
Check out the size of those paws.

Attachments

• Baby resized.jpg
    Baby resized.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Well that's just the sweetest thing!!!!!!! That is one mighty lucky dog and it's nice to know that Baby is willing to share her bed!!!!!!!

Oh, she's a sweetheart, Kitchenelf. She rubs that big head against you, and would get in your lap if she could. She could get your head in her mouth, if she wanted to, but I don't think she's got a mean bone in her body. My daughter says she seems as grateful for the lovin' as much as the food.
Speaking of food, daughter cannot get over how much the dog can eat. :LOL: I had warned her, because I have a friend who has danes, but still, she was flabbergasted. I'm saving good scraps for her...it always makes me feel better not to waste food.

Connie,
that dog is beautiful. I love danes,german shepards and of course doxies. The pooch sure looks content and happy. How wonderful to have a home, a warm bed, food to eat and family to love and protect you. I'm sure this wonderful animal will return the favor in many ways. Bless your daughter and son-in-law for what they have done.
kadesma :)

May blessings rain down on your daughter for her good works. Baby is beautiful!:)

Thank you, Wasabi. When she was going through her teenage years, there were a lot of times I wondered, but my daughter has turned out to be a good woman, and I am very proud of her.

I was scared to open this thread because I was afraid of a sad story but this gives me great joy! I've had 2 Danes and they were wonderful lapdogs. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

He looks so content. Thank your daughter from all of us animal lovers.

Last edited:
What a dear Baby!!!! Great Danes truly are gentle giants, never met a bad-hearted one yet!!! Constance, may I copy and keep the pic to my computer? I have many files just of different critters that I love and I think this one really qualifies!!!!!!

That is one relaxed dog - she must feel happy where she is now. I concur on the karma for your daughter. Thanks for posting the picture and giving me a smile.

I must have missed the story on this girl... but all the same, I do have a soft spot in my heart when it comes to dogs, especially ones that have been mistreated and abused. And I really admire those that do go out of their way to rescue such a beautiful animal and show them that there is a better life!!!!

She looks very content and happy, what a wonderful turn of events for her!!! And YES, what a big dog!!!!

Back
Top Bottom