Upset and Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KITCHEN ELF!! My Lulu had a blown disk and we opted to have surgery at a specialty clinic. We had to crate her for a month post-op while she healed, and had to be very careful about letting her jump up or down on beds, couches, etc, but it can be ok!

Just know there is someone out there who went through it, and we had eight more wonderful years with Lulu... it's the smaller dogs, the ones with the long backs that we have to be so careful of...

Best of luck to you and your fur baby... blessings and healing thoughts to you both!

Thanks guys!!! Right now we're seeing how she does over these next few days. She goes back on Friday to have the pain patch removed and to check her. Thanks for all the good vibes!

Glad to hear Isabella's in recovery. Sorry I missed this thread on Monday. I've been zooming in and out quickly without doing much exploring this week. So a belated get well wish :flowers:

Keeping all things crossed for your baby, Isabella. I hope she's resting comfortably.
Does she let you know when something's not right, verbally, I mean?
Mine talks, grumbles, whines, whatever he has to do to let me know something is up.

Thank you guys! quicksilver - she is more prone to let other people know when they come to visit. She doesn't always let us know, unfortunately. She gave some pretty good yelps and, of course, we knew something major was up! She's taking it easy and resting a LOT (due to meds I'm sure). We can usually tell in her eyes when she isn't feeling well and she looks, well...sad.

She's not going to like being in her kennel but she's just got to know it's for her own good. My husband is starting to waffle and saying maybe if we just leave her in the kitchen........I told him that is NOT an option and not what's good for her right now. He's the one I have to watch!!! :rolleyes:

She's not going to like being in her kennel but she's just got to know it's for her own good. My husband is starting to waffle and saying maybe if we just leave her in the kitchen........I told him that is NOT an option and not what's good for her right now. He's the one I have to watch!!! :rolleyes:

NO!!! No waffling!

Maybe in a few weeks, but not now.

Especially when a dog is on pain meds. Pain is a natural deterrant to overdoing things. When pain is removed, dogs naturally want to be frisky and they can really hurt themselves.

You are dealing with a spinal cord injury so you need to keep Isabella as quiet and confined as you can. Overdoing it can have disasterous consequences.

B was confined for 6 weeks, first 3 in his crate and then in the kitchen. He's got a little hitch in his gait, but otherwise he's fine now. I am praying for the same for your little baby :)

It is hard for me when they are in pain as well. When Ophelia went into pain one day and couldn't get up the stairs, I spent the next couple of nights sleeping on the sofa next to her. A couple days later we were informed they couldn't fix the problem or make her comfortable (she got so bad she even bit at me if I tried to move her), so we had to put her down.
I must have worn the pain pretty plainly on my face coming and going because by the time we left half the staff was in tears as well.

Thanks for asking!!! She is doing better. She is instinctively timid about a few things and doesn't "kill" her animals before she eats anymore. She simply places them beside her food bowl before she eats. :LOL:

she sure looks healthy to me.....stop worry, Mama, she'll be fine......and you got her to a vet just as soon as you could.......I know what it's like to worry over one of your fur children but just looking at her she's going to be fine..........

Thanks qs and expat. She is doing better - still not 100% but MUCH better!!!! No surgery this time...not going to do that unless necessary.

Elf, if you read my post today (in memory of my best friend) you know that I too am a dog lover, and I can sympathize-I know what your going through and be assured that both you and Isabella are in my thoughts and prayers.

When my beloved Bailey took ill, I desperately tried to find "something"-anything, to grab onto and hold-and as I usually do when things turn tragic,I turn to my religious upbringing. I don't know what your beliefs are, but if you google "St. Francis of Assisi" (patron saint of animals) there is a lot of comfort and hope available there.

Sadly, the miracle I was praying for didn't come to pass for my sweet little girl, but maybe it will for you. As my Mother so adamantly said, "never underestimate the power of prayer"

Tonight, as I again find a quiet spot to pray, as I have each and every night since the angels took my Bailey away, I will include you and Isabella in my prayers.

Back
Top Bottom