Upset and Sad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
My miniature Dachshund has a blown disk in her back and has hurt her neck (in a "tiff" with some puppies). She was in so much pain today. I took her to the vet and had to leave her, which, killed me because we have just been gone for 10 days. I'm so terribly sad she is hurting and don't even want to think about what is to come. Surgery is probably what we end up doing.

This is her with her bestest friend :LOL: Her name is Isabella - keep her in your thoughts :flowers:

img_649779_0_7077482df660be9865b0987036055b6e.jpg

AWEEEEEEEEE!!! Kitchenelf... I do sympathize with you. I'm sure you know that I'm a big time dog lover and I could not imagine being without your companion for that long and then having to deal with this. I do hope that the vets can help her and that she comes home to you without pain. I'm sooooo sorry.... such a sweet looking puppy!

My miniature Dachshund has a blown disk in her back and has hurt her neck (in a "tiff" with some puppies). She was in so much pain today. I took her to the vet and had to leave her, which, killed me because we have just been gone for 10 days. I'm so terribly sad she is hurting and don't even want to think about what is to come. Surgery is probably what we end up doing.

This is her with her bestest friend :LOL: Her name is Isabella - keep her in your thoughts :flowers:

img_649797_0_7077482df660be9865b0987036055b6e.jpg
Elf,
Isabella looks just like my little Max, we lost him at 21 years..He had the same thing happen from a fight with my sons dog..He was so bad he drug his hind quarters and cry. He spent 6 week at the vets and we could only peek through a window at him so he would stay still and not disturb the IV he had....What save my pretty boy was a little cart with wheels in the back and a chest harness, it held the back legs in place off the ground and rested them but he could get around. To keep his spirits up, we would take him out side, find a gopher hole and say get em boy and he would dig like crazy with his front paws.. I kept a close watch on him even sleeping on the floor next to him at night..One day I was looking and noticed that his back paws were moving a little when he would walk..about 3 days later he came walking into the kitchen sans cart and I about had a fit..I took him and put him back in it praying he hadn't hurt himself and the little poop walk right out of it again, stood and looked at me then came running to me..From that day on he was our old Maxie, think about one of those carts Elf they rest the back as if in traction and put off the surgery if possible..the carts are custom made..I'd look into it if it were me doing this again.
hugs to you and to Miss Isabella

cj

I'll have my weiner "Parkerbeans" give a howl out for you and your baby. I call mine "burnt peanut". He's black, and minus the head, shaped like a peanut. he's 7
now.
When he was bit 2 yrs ago by a pigmy rattlesnake, it was touch and go for 3 days.
I know what you're going through, so we'll be praying for you and your baby, Isabella.

Thanks guys! She was walking and could jump on my friend's leg...it was the "down" motion when she would yelp. Though she did favor her hind legs...is this always an "immobility sentence"? (did that make sense?)

once in a while the surgery works, my son's vet could not guarantee it. maybe it will work for you. we all missed little smokie very much, though he would drive you nuts to throw the ball for him.

best of luck for your baby

babe:(

Last edited:
I hope she gets better soon kitchenelf. Our babies mean a lot to all of us.

Oh no, poor Isabella. We're praying for her. For those who have not had the pleasure of meeting Isabella, she is one of the best little kissers in North Carolina! I love her, and I hope she is feeling better very soon.

:flowers::kiss:Barbara

KE - Thye give so much, usually without complaint, that it hard to see them suffer. I don't know a lot about weinerdogs, but, my thoughts are with you. I know what a freind they are.

AC

Awwww, ke, maybe it won't be as bad it seems right now, and Isabella will be better sooner than you expect! Sending positive healing energies to you and your puppy.

Lee

P.S. Love the cat, too!

Thank you, you two!

The vet just called and said she was much improved. She can come home today and we'll block off the stairs and try to keep her confined as much as possible. What I REALLY want to do is get someone to work for me and stay with her today :(

Back
Top Bottom