USA National Food Holidays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Margi Cintrano

Washing Up
There are three important food holidays headed our way:

28th : USA National Hamburger Day

29th: USA National Lasagne Day

30th: USA National Cheesecake Day

How many Americans living & working in the USA, actually celebrate these food holidays ?

Would like to hear from those, who do celebrate and participate and how do you participate; via social circle, kids schools, or at Market Tastings ? At Home ?

Ciao.
Have nice wkend,
Margaux Cintrano

How many Americans living & working in the USA, actually celebrate these food holidays ?

Would like to hear from those, who do celebrate and participate and how do you participate; via social circle, kids schools, or at Market Tastings ? At Home ?

Ciao.
Have nice wkend,
Margaux Cintrano

These are NOT important food holidays. They were probably created by the trade associations or special interest groups for their respective commercial interests to promote their products.

I know of no celebrations for these 'holidays' and was not aware of them until I read your post.

Other than just being another day, the only thing I associate with the 30th is my birthday, which I'd just as soon forget.

I been trying for the last few years to get the 101st day of the year to be celebrated as National Wild Turkey Bourbon Day. So far, interest has been scarce. This year there were only 4 folks at our festival.

I been trying for the last few years to get the 101st day of the year to be celebrated as National Wild Turkey Bourbon Day. So far, interest has been scarce. This year there were only 4 folks at our festival.
I did not know this. If it weren't too far away, I would go. ;)

You can celebrate it in your neighborhood....That will help spread the word! Thanks!!
I may just do that.

I have an acquaintance, who is a real snob. He doesn't drink bourbon. He drinks expensive cognac. I offered him a glass of Wild Turkey and he made a face, and then tasted it. Boy was he surprised. "What kind of bourbon did you say this was?" :LOL:

As someone pointed out, the "National" "this food" or "that food" holidays are pretty much just to promote products. Restaurants often have special deals for "National Pie Day," etc. Stores often have sales on certain foods when their "day" comes up, magazines have special recipes for that month's foods, etc.

Something I've noticed about festivals, the more crowded they become the less there is to go around!:ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 said:
The "Talk Like a Pirate" folks arrgh few and far between.

We celarrghbrate it here.

I really do need to get a parrot. Beagle doesn't balance well on my shoulder. She also hates her eye patch. She can talk, but she speaks a different language.

Last edited:
LOL Dawwgluver! :LOL:

My daughter and son-in-law know each other's FB passwords, and she recently went in to his and changed his language to piratespeak. He was 'aaaarghing' all over the place. :LOL:

Apologies for misspelling your name, Dawgluver. My fingers got carried away and added an extra "w" in there. That'll teach me to multitask while I'm on the computer, hopefully.... :ermm: :)

Cheryl J said:
Apologies for misspelling your name, Dawgluver. My fingers got carried away and added an extra "w" in there. That'll teach me to multitask while I'm on the computer, hopefully.... :ermm: :)

No problem, Cheryl! I also go by Dawgarghluver....

They are all motivated by marketing associations, motivated by commercial greed.

Americans often celebrate national and religious holidays by feasting. Fasting is not very common in USA except within a few religious/ethnic groupsl

On the other hand, any day is a good excuse for a feast or for a good dinner. There's 365 of them.

Back
Top Bottom