USPS - No more Saturday mail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Depends on who you ask. Some people consider credit card offers, insurance offers, and free samples to be junk. Some companies you already do business with send related stuff they think you might be interested in.

With the companies you already do business with...they usually have an option where you say no to receiving third party related mail or mail from that very company for different offers etc

DL. on all those you should put "return to sender" on them, see if that helps :)

Might try that! Thanks Kylie, we're looking like a version of "Hoarders" here with all the paper stuff. Had to laugh at all the solicitations and surveys asking Mom how she liked her stay at the hospital....

Last edited:
Your very welcome DL :)

There are a lot of mixed emotions when you receive letters like that when a loved one has died...I recall when my dad died and we were getting all this mail for him

We would write return to sender on everything and put it in a mailbox, it did finally all stop :)

Last edited:
With the companies you already do business with...they usually have an option where you say no to receiving third party related mail or mail from that very company for different offers etc

They do? Is that where you live or where all the rest of us live? BTW, Good Evening Everybody! :LOL:
Seriously, Kylie, you have to realize things might be done just a little differently where you live. Junk mail is big over here. It's a form of advertising after all. You can sign up over here to be exluded (somewhat), but it doesn't always work. And the mail carrier (postie) sorts it all out and delivers it. He's not going to want to carry it back with him. It's one of those things that needs stopped at the source. And that ain't happning. :rolleyes:

Over here...we get lots of junk mail in the form of pamphlets etc that is not addressed to us or anyone for that matter...so our no junk mail sign stops that form of it :)

Yes, the option to "not" receive third party related mail happens here, not sure about anywhere else

I know. I'm just saying that some people consider it junk and some don't. I would not want to mail carrier to make that decision.

I've noticed a very big improvement in USPS package delivery. In my experience 2-3 day priority is just that. I'm usually very happy to see something shipped USPS. I mailed a return to California on a Tuesday from NC, it arrived on Thursday. They shipped the replacement from their NJ warehouse via UPS, it took 6 buisness days and two weekend days to arrive. That's a pretty poor delivery time considering it was only a few states away.

A very well hidden secret. USPS, UPS and FedEx will ship via air if there is room even when ground shipping only has been paid for. A family member used to work at the airport for UPS. :angel:

A very well hidden secret. USPS, UPS and FedEx will ship via air if there is room even when ground shipping only has been paid for. A family member used to work at the airport for UPS. :angel:

I have a customer that works for USPS that told me about that. Your package is likely to go on a ups plane, since the usps pays them a flat rate, during the holidays, when shipping is very busy, only priority will be shipped air.

Back
Top Bottom