Valentine's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Went to the post office for stamps since they are going up one penny soon. Had to wait in line and thought we all got the same idea! Not so, they all were mailing Valentines! Do any of you get Valentines in the mail? I never have. Only Valentines I got was when we had a box in grade school. Then I got a bunch. I am not complaining just surprised about the line!! Good for them. They want people to know they care.

Mom sends one by mail every year... that's about it. The rest are given in person.

I've sent a couple in the past... but now I'm married, I hand them over personally :) We don't really rend to get into Valentines day, however.

I did bake a batch of cupcakes with wee hearts for everyone at work, though. I was kinda pleased with them - they looked quite pretty.

Went to the post office for stamps since they are going up one penny soon. Had to wait in line and thought we all got the same idea! Not so, they all were mailing Valentines! Do any of you get Valentines in the mail? I never have. Only Valentines I got was when we had a box in grade school. Then I got a bunch. I am not complaining just surprised about the line!! Good for them. They want people to know they care.

First, I want to say how much you are appreciated, ITK. You always pose questions that we think about in our everyday life. Heard yesterday stamps are going up again, right after I bought the old ones at a P.O. box place. They also ship packages. I haven't been inside a post office since I can't remember when.

I use to order stamps by mail, now I go to the USPS website & buy stamps on line, schedule a pick up for packages from my local postman & print shipping labels. Makes life so much easier - no parking, gas & standing on line.

USPS - The United States Postal Service (U.S. Postal Service)

I use to be a big card sender, but over time, I guess I got lazy. Much prefer a phone call or in person exchange. If Hallmark relied on me to make money, they'd probably go out of biz, lol - just kidding. I do like receiving cards... so maybe I should start sending more out. ;)

ETA: There must be an echo in here.

Last edited:
I've received and sent Valentine's Day cards all my life. Same for Easter, St. Pat's Day, Mother's/Father's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.

We use very few stamps because much of our bill paying is done the Internet or delivered by hand here in our little town. The stamps we do use are for cards and miscellaneous mailings.

I always make sure to write a little note in the cards and, when it comes to our grandchildren, I usually cover the outside of the envelopes with appropriate to the occasion.

Hallmark would go out of business if it relied on my purchases of their goods. Most of the time I buy my cards at our local Dollar Tree store (2 cards for $1.00) or make them on my computer.

I love getting mail...that doesn't have little windows in the envelope, that is.

My mom sends the kids one, I just get 'em for my kids and DH and hand 'em over.
Oops except this year I forgot to grab a card yesterday. Oh well. He doesn't care much as long as I'm not grumpy. :)

Last time I got a Valentines Day card was in grade school as well. I always get DW something special, not always chocolates or flowers as she has an over abundance of flowers in her garden and isn't a huge chocolate lover.
Usually I just cook her up a special dinner and we watch a movie of her choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom