Vanilla Bean Has Passed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
I was so saddened to receive a PM from Mark, VB's boyfriend today informing me that VB had passed :(

She was suffering an illness for the last 2-3 months sadly

Mark told me that VB's internet friends meant a lot to her and that she loves cheese, so I hope where you are now VB in that better place, they have a whole lot of different cheeses for you :)

You will be very much missed by me and I am sure by the whole forum, you were a lovely friendly lady whose company I very much enjoyed

R.I.P Vanilla Bean

What? Oh no! Thank you, Kylie, for letting us know. How terribly sad. R.I.P., Vanilla Bean.

Please convey our condolences to Mark and to her family.

Last edited:
our vanilla is gone? this is very sad and disturbing news indeed. she was the gentlest, sweetest of souls. and boy, she was my kind of cook--generously sharing photos of her lovely down-home dishes, and freely offering cooking tips and encouragement. losing our sweet vanilla, and our good friend tim a while back, brings me to the sudden recognition that our dc group truly is a "family" in our own way, a most visceral way, today....

Oh, my! I was just thinking about her the other day as I hadn't seen her around. We lived so close on opposite sides of the border and often said we should meet at the Peace Arch some day. Unfortunately we left it too long.

VB, you were very near and dear to all of us here. You will be missed, specially by me. I know you are not suffering and that you will be making your comfort food for the angels! Thoughts and prayers to your Mark and your family. RIP my friend.

Oh my. I just don't know what to say. She was such a sweetie. I'm sort of gobsmacked actually.

I'll miss her.

Kylie,
bless you for letting us know about VB. Such sad news. Please let Mark and her family that we are holding her in our thoughts and prayers. She will be remembered for the kind soul that she was.
cj

I just don't know what to say or think since we were in the same state not very far away from each other I always thought of Vanilla Bean as a "close forum friend" that I might meet some day....I am profoundly saddened. My heart goes out to Mark and her family. Rest in Peace dear friend.

That is very sad news. She was the one who, way back in 2009, inspired me to try and take better pictures of my food. I always loved looking at the foods she had prepared, and she was always very kind to everyone. My condolences to Mark and her family.

Back
Top Bottom