"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-13-2006, 06:52 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Kitchen
Okay, I am really going to open up here. For those of you who think I am 'out there' you can join my sister in her room.

I have been listening and reading the bible for many years. They say that God speaks to us through others I believe this. the instance I am talking about is before I saw the doct or there was young girl with cane. She could hardly sit still and I just asked her if she was having pain. She admitted it was non stop since she had her back surgery. The doctor cut a nerve and now her bone rests on each other due to the nerve being cut. She made me so uncomfortable and told me after surgery had to sleep in wheelchair for three months to allow for healing. She went into great detail about her experience and I am now thinking, 'do I have right to question my problem, compared to hers?' I am blessed that I suffer from things that will allow me to rest at night. She said she sees different pain medication on the tv and wants to try it. Her doctor gives her something but claims it is not strong enough. I should have kept my mouth shut but felt sorry for her and wanted to know if I could help. I am asking God to deliver her from this daily cross that she has to carry. My brother said people do want to talk about their problems but he said I take them home with me. What else can one do? I have problems as I talked about and appreicat e all you input. It surely helps to know how you all handle them. Informing me that they do come back bothers me. Why have it done in first place if they are back right away? REminds me of weeds. Never die. I am sure thankful I can walk. Tomorrow I probably will be upset about them again. Maybe if I painted my legs or pu t pictures on my legs would start new fad.

thanks for response. You always do help no matter what I ask. You all know me so well. Just so sad that people even point to my legs when they walk in pairs. I should hand out pictures!
Wow. That's sort of heartbreaking about that girl. I guess that happens to all of us at one time, how one minute we're walking out of the mall complaining to ourselves that it isn't fair we can't afford that one great pair of shoes. Then as we're walking we pass a homeless person with no shoes. And then there's the old saying, "I once complained I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet". That takes that whole scenerio a step further...
I guess the bottem line is we should all be thankful for what we have, but it seems like we're always forgetting that.

Old 07-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Bb

YOu sure are no 'banana brain' you got the point exactly! Thanks for understanding. When I would share something like this with my sister, she would tell me either to get a life or I spend too much time alone. Never could understand what I wanted to tell her. If you read your bible there were always some kind of stories that were told to be example for the life we lead.

I shared my thoughts which was really exposing myself quite a lot. The reason is t rust. I trust all of you to understand my thoughts and opinion of what happened yest erday regarding my varicose veins. I only have to be reminded of he fact I can sleep tonite and I will wonder how she is doing. My hope is she will soon get relief. Oh, I do have shoes but they don't fit right. At least I have something to wear.

Old 07-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #13
Executive Chef

My mom is actually going in at the end of the month to have surgery on her varicose veins. She has deep vein thrombosis (sp?). She gets blood clots in her veins and there is risk of getting a Pulmonary embolism, where the clot breaks off and travels up the bloodstream and gets lodged in a lung and blocks bloodflow. It's usually fatal.
http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/azh...einthrombo.htm
Old 07-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #14
Executive Chef

corazon90

thanks for the link. Knowledge is power. Hope you will be able to help your mother when she has the surgery. She knows it is necessary and that still doesn't stop the worry. I am hoping all will go well and that she will be relieved of this problem. Sure hope she likes her doctor. As many of said they themselves have gone through it and feel good they did. Did her mother have t he same problem? They say it is inherited and my brother and I are only ones so far that have gotten them as bad as our mother. Mom never did have a choice to correct them. She had to elevate her feet when they hurt. Watching ones weight when she was young wasn't heard of. Just accepted it that it was life.

Please let us know how your mother does afer the operation and in the meantime we will be thinking and praying for her. T hanks for sharing.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #15
Executive Chef

thanks for the kind words itk.

I'm not sure if my Grandmother had the same problems. I'm sure she probably had varicose veins but I didn't hear anything of it. She lived in Scotland so I only saw her rarely, then she passed when I was in highschool. I just think that technology has advanced so much that now they are able to foresee these things before they happen. I'm grateful for that, grateful for my mom. Unfortunately, she lives about 2000 miles away, so I won't be able to help her our but her husband is a doc in the ER so I'm sure he will be taking good care of her.

After 2 kids, I only have some small spidery veins. I think maybe I lucked out with my dad's leg genes. I understand how you feel though, itk. I'm 26 and still get acne, so I know about the self esteem issue. I'm nursing Callum so I don't want to go to a dr for any kind of wierd drugs that may not be safe for him.

I say follow sizzlinin's advice and just go for it. You have a great attitude for being thankful for what you have but you will save yourself years of worry to get this done.