Vegas, Here I Come!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
We're leaving Sunday for a week in Fabulous Las Vegas!

fabulous_las_vegas_sign.jpg

While we're there, we're meeting none other than DC member, The Z.... how cool is that?

Remember the sunscreen and have a great time. It's an awesome city!

Marge

Last edited:
I think it's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have a wonderful time. Keep cool!

If your husband really, and I mean REALLY wants to play Texas Hold 'Em, he has to go to Binion's and no other. The Hold 'Em tables on the strip suck rocks. In addition to regular tables, they also have these touneys with small and relatively cheap buy-ins. If you win you can make some cash, plus it's fun, challenging, and did I say you could make some serious cash?

http://www.binions.com/

Weekly Poker Tournaments

7 Days a Week: No-Limit Texas Hold'em at 2 p.m.
  • $60 Buy-in: Players will start with $1,000 in Tournament chips
  • One Time Bonus Buy of $10 = 50% more chips
  • $40 Optional Re-buy (1)
  • Registration starts at 12 p.m. Tournament starts at 2 p.m.
  • 20 minute rounds
  • 5% (up to $200) of prize money will be withheld for a drawing at 6 pm.
    All participants that entered the tournament & playing in a live or tournament game are eligible for the drawing.
Monday - Thursday: No-Limit Texas Hold'em at 8 p.m.
  • $60 Buy-in: Players will start with $1,000 in Tournament chips
  • Registration starts at 6 p.m. Tournament starts at 8 p.m.
  • One Time Bonus Buy of $10 = 50% more chips
  • One Optional rebuy $40
  • 5% (up to $100) of prize money will be withheld for a drawing at 11 pm.
    All participants that entered the tournament & playing in a live or tournament game are eligible for the drawing.
Friday, Saturday & Sunday: No-Limit Texas Hold'em at 8 p.m.
  • $125 Buy-in: Players will start with $1,500 in Tournament chips
  • One Time Bonus Buy of $25 = $500 more chips
  • One Optional Re-Buy $50
  • Registration starts at 6 p.m. Tournament starts at 8 p.m.
  • 25 minute rounds
  • 5% (up to $100) of prize money will be withheld for a drawing at 11 pm.
Friday & Saturday: No-Limit Texas Hold'em at 2 a.m.
  • Registration starts at 12 am Friday & Saturday
  • No Limit Texas Hold’em
  • Buy in $60
  • One Time Bonus Buy of $10 = 50% more chips One Optional rebuy $40
Learn how to play Texas Hold'em!
Daily classes at 11 am!
Call our Poker Room for more details!

Oh one more thing. Tell him that if he has a good starting hand to always raise BEFORE the flop to try and get those who don't have really good hands to fold. They could have like a 5/7 off-suit but pick up a straight or straight draw on the flop. Even if you started off with a pocket pair and flopped a three of a kind you'll still lose, and it will be almost impossible to throw down that hand as fouth street and the river comes up. Better to go up against one or two other players only. Most people, unless they can just bet the big blind or check their hand, they won't pay to see the flop if they don't have over cards, pocket pairs, a suited hand, etc.

Ironchef - C'mon admit it, you are talking in a foreign language.... :ROFLMAO:

jKath - have a great time. :mrgreen:

Ishbel said:
Ironchef - C'mon admit it, you are talking in a foreign language.... :ROFLMAO:

jKath - have a great time. :mrgreen:

16.gif
:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

(sounds like a foreign language to me, too!)

Relax, have fun, enjoy the vacation...You deserve it.

kadesma:) Just don't look in that suitcase over there til you're there:ROFLMAO:

Thank you all!
(and Dove, I always use 45 spf!!! I'm too pasty for anything less!)

Ironchef...gee, you don't like poker now...do you...? lol
I'm printing out the info for him to read when he gets home.
He is quite the poker player - usually in the poker room at Mirage, or sometimes at a smaller poker room, if it has a good vibe.
He's been doing the online stuff almost every night too - he's won a couple real money tourneys in the last couple of weeks too.

I'm lousy at poker so I don't even bother!
21 is my game!

Hope DH wins big, then maybe you can holiday in Australia next!!! have fun, be careful- from what i see on CSI Vegas is full of murderers and death lol.

jkath, I know that you and your family are going to have a blast!! :cool: Where are you staying? Myself and 3 friends are going to Vegas in March for the NASCAR races. I cannot wait.

Have fun, jkath. I am sure that we will all miss you while you are gone. :)

SierraCook said:
jkath, I know that you and your family are going to have a blast!! :cool: Where are you staying? Myself and 3 friends are going to Vegas in March for the NASCAR races. I cannot wait.

Have fun, jkath. I am sure that we will all miss you while you are gone.:)

We're staying at Mirage and Flamingo (I got freebies for both, so we don't mind moving half way thru!)

I forgot to say, Sierra, we usually go out to Vegas in February - but, if you're going there in March, maybe we'll move it so we can say hi :)

jkath, we will be there. March 10-13th. That is when the UAW-DaimlerChrysler 400 race is. I cannot wait. We need to purchase our tickets soon. Hopefully, you and your family can come to Vegas that weekend. Due to the races it is probably going to be crazy.

I hope You all Behave :LOL: well try anyway ! Leave enough there we will be going in the next 6 monthes We hope !

Here is a lot of luck if you win Jkath See's Asst Chocolates Would be a good return , and my Birthday is next month:ROFLMAO: .

Just kidding I hope you all have a great time !

Back
Top Bottom