Vegemite banned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
knight, you're a hoot.........then I saw you were an Aussie...that there already makes you funny........never met a boring Aussie.......ever........ok to be serious.......we were given a jar of vegemite by some outgoing Scots.........that stuff sat in our fridge for the next 3 years.......none of us could throw it out......why..... it belonged to Malcolm and Gillian.......who knows they might come back......and when we finally threw it out I swear that it was grinning..........

hahaha my friend came over from Italy and some gave her Vegemite to put on her toast, she thought it was Nutella...she LOVES Nutella..and we all know what u do with nutella u love...need i say more....

knight, you're a hoot.........then I saw you were an Aussie...that there already makes you funny........never met a boring Aussie.......ever........ok to be serious.......we were given a jar of vegemite by some outgoing Scots.........that stuff sat in our fridge for the next 3 years.......none of us could throw it out......why..... it belonged to Malcolm and Gillian.......who knows they might come back......and when we finally threw it out I swear that it was grinning..........

And it was still as good as the day the scots left it there I'd wager. I think they measure vegemite's use by date by half life.

I just checked my jar in the cupboard, printed on the side of the jar was "For use by date, see bottom of jar". On the bottom was nothing, completely blank. I think the idea here is, if you can see the bottom of the jar when digging out some vegemite, you are near the use by date.

Here is another America story from my trip. I was over there in Hollywood and taking some pics of this nice mustang in a parking lot. Anyway, these people walk by and say hello, I say the usual G'Day back and wham, this guys eyes light up, turns to his family and practically yells out, hey this guy is australian. Then the kids and wife run over and im some sort of celebrity for a few minutes, took my photo and all. I just know im plastered in some family photo album somewhere with the inscription, "The Aussie" as some sort of symbolic representation of all australians.

So did you actually taste the vegmite? I am assuming you did and that is why it was still there 3 years later? But come on, throwing it out was a terrific waste of resources. You could have used that for any number of things, tyre black for that new tyre shine, boot polish, a lubricant for various machine parts! Or maybe as a threat of punishment for the kids, "You kids behave now or it's vegemite for breakfast!", or, "If I hear you kids swear one more time Im gunna wash yer mouth out with vegemite" to which the kids answer, "Please mum, can't we have the soap?".

Last edited:
i'm still laughing............i swear you Aussies are hilarious...and I'm not kidding.......I''m sure that there was an inscription in their book...........an Aussie inroduced me to terms that can't be repeated here,,,,,,,,,,

no, knight, I never tasted the vegemite.....I guess I kept my language clean so I never had to have my mouth wiped out...........the stuff looked disgusting anyway.....I can see where the threat would have been a deterrent.................we only threw it out cause we were moving away...........

Knight76 - Did thay ask youhow many crocs you wrestled? Just kidding - AC

No cos I wasnt wearing my steve irwin pants. I was trying to blend in.

I gave up wrestling crocs a few years back now, I only have to deal with them when they get into the garage because they can really make a mess in there. It's not really too hard, you just got to jump on em and hold their mouth shut then chuck em out. Crocs have strong jaws when closing them but relatively weak jaws when opening their mouths.

Remind me not to holiday in ur part of NSW lol....at least they knock on the garage door in my parts..that way, at least i am ready for them lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom