Vent - well thanks for honoring me with your presence....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paint

Senior Cook
So I decided to have a dinner party for my girlfriends tonight, while DH is away. One of them is a neighbour that I know fairly well from other people's parties and chatting in the street. Well, I asked for RSVP's by yesterday, so I knew how much food to cook. No RSVP, so I called her and she said she was chatting to a friend and could she call me back when she'd finished....OK, so I waited....no call. I called again this morning, no-one in, so I left a message to call me back as I really needed to know if she was going to be able to come tonight....

....the message I just found on my answering machine in return went rather like this: (In very bored, irritated sounding voice) "Oh, um.......I don't know.....um.......well.....oh I guess I could come over for a while....." and that was it!

...Well, I've just spend 2 whole days cooking and cleaning, have my very best china and crystal laid out and have spent over $150 on food....thanks for honouring me with your presence!!!! Honestly, some people have no manners - I won't be inviting her to anything again! Thank goodness my other girlfriends will be there to make it all worthwhile!

Paint.

Wow is that obnoxious. Well your consolation can be that you will throw a wonderful party and she will have a great time and never be back again. She will miss all the fun the next time you do this.

You are right, some people have no manners!

ooooooooh! That would make me so frustrated!
Do you suppose that this girl has never been to such a fete that perhaps she doesn't know the proper etiquette? Hopefully she'll be kind tonight and apologize for being inconsiderate.

hate to say this but now ya know not to invite her again. i really hate when people are like that. sorry it happened to you paint

Let us know if she even shows up. From the sounds of her message, she may have something "better" to do. Heaven forbid she miss a rerun of Wheel of Fortune!

:) Barbara

LOL! I knew I could count on you all for some good guest-bashing :LOL:. I feel better now that I'm cooking - really looking forward to tonight, I have some great girlfriends coming who I know will have me ROTFLMAO all night - so that will more than make up for my one bad guest :)

Thanks for cheering me up & making me laugh :)

Paint.

the audacity of that woman!:ohmy:
well, gal's nights are always a blast and i'm sure you'll have a great time!
i saw your menu on the dinner thread and it looks fabulous.:)

Hope you're having a great night, Paint! There's always at least one in the crowd...now you know her true colors. Don't give her a second thought!

Assume that when she has a party she heads for the nearest deli for take-out and doesn't care if there is enough for everyone.

Also assume there are always dust-bunnies big enough to chase a cat all over her home and she only uses a dust cloth around the decorations on her table.

In addition assume that she thinks a great deal more of her own company than she has any reason to!

And have a great time! Invite me and I'll RSVP in writing!:rolleyes:

Well, the party was great! Lots of wine & good food & laughter. Even my 'bad' guest was fun - she ended up being the one who kept clearing away for me & rinsing things off in the kitchen - maybe trying to make up for her awful answerphone message?

I suprised myself and amazed my guests when I found out that one guest was allergic to mustard (which was in the chicken dish I'd prepared), Luckily I had a spare chicken breast in the fridge, so I just grabbed a pan, seared it, threw in some red wine, garlic, french herbs, butter and cream to make a quick pan sauce and voila! she had her own special chicken to eat....My guests just stood around amazed that I could invent something so quickly without having to use a recipe book LOL!

My guests left at about 1.30am, and I WAS going to leave all the clearing up until this morning....but as I lay in bed I heard my two Great Danes sneaking downstairs, presumably to raid the plates of left-over food. I was so scared that they would break my best china & crystal that I had to get up again and go and make sure everything was at least rinsed off and stacked safely....much to my dogs disappointment! I ended getting to bed around 2.30am, so I'm off to have a nice afternoon nap right now :)

Paint.

So glad your party turned out so nice. Maybe the lady is on the shy side with people she doesn't know? I know that when I am at a party, I am one of those that normally start helping clean up because I am not much of a conversationalist. I typically hide in the kitchen. Is easy to chat on a forum, nobody is staring back at you. :)

Back
Top Bottom