"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #91
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I found that turning the radio up REALLY LOUD often had the desired effect both of drowning them out, and cluing them in to their irritating behaviour. LOL!
i will try that next time,u know i'm ready to try out ANYTHING as long as it has the desired effect on them,and theres something else i need,i think i need a weekend without kids

Old 11-03-2010, 10:38 AM   #92
Everymom

If you can put them in different rooms for a while sometimes that helps too. I used to impose "quiet time" on my kids. They didn't need to nap, but I needed one hour of sanity during the day!

Old 11-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #93
Head Chef

but I needed one hour of sanity during the day![/FONT][/QUOTE]

Tell me about itttt....
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #94
Chef Extraordinaire

Sarsh. I had four kids all close in age.Like the commercial says my kids were so sweet Icould have eaten them up and at time I wish I had I did learn stop NOW. When things started to get to the point of no return they got separated NOW one went to the couch and sat period, another was sent to her bunk bed no toys, the baby was put in my room in a crib and my second son was set to doing the choirs he kept putting off. At dinner time they had to clean their plates and then the table and now tell dad how their day went. Did they like it? Nope but after going to bed early they learned when asked for quiet and to be kind to each other..Yep and if they wnated to play fair they could sit and litsten to a story.
kades
Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #95
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Sarsh. I had four kids all close in age.Like the commercial says my kids were so sweet Icould have eaten them up and at time I wish I had I did learn stop NOW. When things started to get to the point of no return they got separated NOW one went to the couch and sat period, another was sent to her bunk bed no toys, the baby was put in my room in a crib and my second son was set to doing the choirs he kept putting off. At dinner time they had to clean their plates and then the table and now tell dad how their day went. Did they like it? Nope but after going to bed early they learned when asked for quiet and to be kind to each other..Yep and if they wnated to play fair they could sit and litsten to a story.
kades
wow 4 kids sure are hard to handle,as i have 3.They are close in age too,eldest daughter being only 5,2nd number son 3-1/2 and the youngest son is gonna be 2 in dec.You know Kades i actually have tried this trick many times,when they have crossed their limits,and i get frustrated to death,i sometimes seperate them,one is made to sit in the living room,the other is given his coloring book and crayons,and i strictly ask them not to talk to each other unless i allow them to,but what happens next is,they start visiting each other and trying to talk in small sentences and in a low voice o i cant hear,and i keep tellin them to sit in their assigned places and not to move but it doesnt work.They just dont listen to me at all,untill i spank them as my last option,and then i leave them crying in their rooms for a while,but then it hurts me so much that i cry too,in my room,and feel very helpless.My hubby is a cardiac surgeon who does a lot of private cases too and comes home very late,if ever.So i'm pretty much all they have most of the time,they do go out and play and visit their friends and cousins too,but i think they miss their dad a lot..and i guess thats one of the reasons for their being so wild and out of control too...
Old 11-04-2010, 02:04 AM   #96
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

No kids of my own, but once when my brother was really getting on my nerves, I sent him for a rope and a bandana. He took off and it took him a good 30 minutes to find what I wanted. He handed them to me and sat for about another 20 minutes when his curiosity got the better of him. He asked me what they were for, I told him the next time he started running and screaming I was going to tie him up, gag him and throw him in the closet...he's 39 now and I still don't have any problems with him...LOL!
Old 11-04-2010, 02:07 AM   #97
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No kids of my own, but once when my brother was really getting on my nerves, I sent him for a rope and a bandana. He took off and it took him a good 30 minutes to find what I wanted. He handed them to me and sat for about another 20 minutes when his curiosity got the better of him. He asked me what they were for, I told him the next time he started running and screaming I was going to tie him up, gag him and throw him in the closet...he's 39 now and I still don't have any problems with him...LOL!
LOL...
Old 11-04-2010, 02:11 AM   #98
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Do I detect a laugh??? Good, my work is done! :)
Old 11-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #99
Executive Chef

It seems to me that the thing missing here is consistency and that is one of the most important things in raising children. It won't be easy for you to gain control of the situation but the only way to do so is to let your kids know that what you say WILL be what they do. If you don't get a handle on it now, it will only get worse as they grow older. I see so many kids these days that seem to have their parents afraid to correct them. The kids are more resilient than we think and must be shown how to act. That is our job as parents.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #100
Chef Extraordinaire

Sarah,
I understaand I use to cry at times/ Let me tell you mine were put in sepreate room where they couldnt talk and there were no toys unless it was something to read. If they couldnt read they just sat times depending on ages. If I had to bed time was at 6 after dinner. If they were still after each other at dinner well bed came sooner. Those kids love you but they have your number and like licia says do it now and work something out with daddy if you feel he is waht is wrong in there lives. After all He had a hand in this.Give lots of love but hold you ground
cj