"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #991
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
I had an access put in for dialysis. It takes about 2-6 weeks to get big enough to use. The surgery was on the 21st. and I'm still very sore. but it will get better and the brusing will lessen. The only think is the access will look really ugly in several years. But it has to be so I can live. right now I have an access in my chest near my collar bone. Not pretty but it works. I'm praying this one works. So far the pulse is working great. Fingers crossed it keeps on. Geez I think I gave you more infor than you asked for
kades
Good gravy! :hugs: I pray this works for you too! Wow, the stuff they do to you. Hope it makes you feel better. Thinking of you!

Old 07-29-2011, 10:56 PM   #992
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Good gravy! :hugs: I pray this works for you too! Wow, the stuff they do to you. Hope it makes you feel better. Thinking of you!
Thank you sweetie. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
kades

Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 AM   #993
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Thank you sweetie. I appreciate your thoughtfulness.
kades
Just one more thing for nurses to poke sharp things at... Glad it's still working. Be horrible if it failed at this point. Love ya, Kades!
Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #994
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Oh, Ma, you take care of yourself. Purple is my favourite colour, but not on your skin!

I am this weird person who has watched everyone I know get selected for jury duty (some went and some didn't) and secretly I always wished it was me. So, I get this letter that I have been selected for a Coroner's Inquest......now that would be super interesting! But because I am my Dad's primary care giver, I am ineligible. Even if I want to I can't. I am not blaming my Dad of course, but I am disappointed.

I told you I was weird!
You are so weird. I got a letter for jury duty during finals week...um, DUH! That would have been a waste of my tuition, missing finals. You wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump to get out of it. Now that I could do it, I never get a letter.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #995
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just one more thing for nurses to poke sharp things at... Glad it's still working. Be horrible if it failed at this point. Love ya, Kades!
Thank you. that means the world to me.
kades
Old 07-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #996
Executive Chef

Quote:
"I am this weird person who has watched everyone I know get selected for jury duty (some went and some didn't) and secretly I always wished it was me. So, I get this letter that I have been selected for a Coroner's Inquest......now that would be super interesting! But because I am my Dad's primary care giver, I am ineligible. Even if I want to I can't. I am not blaming my Dad of course, but I am disappointed.

I told you I was weird!
What does one do at a Coroner's inquest? I'd say I haven't been called for jury duty in a while, but I'd probably receive one in the mailbox asap. So I didn't really say that.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:10 AM   #997
Executive Chef

CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #998
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.
I tell them exactly where to poke me to get blood and they always pick somewhere else to start first. Four pokes later they finally use the site I told them to use in the first place.
Old 07-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #999
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I tell them exactly where to poke me to get blood and they always pick somewhere else to start first. Four pokes later they finally use the site I told them to use in the first place.
I too have disappearing veins. Poke, poke, poke. Once they had to call a guy in off the golf course to come in and find a vein after several others failed. I hope he washed his hands first. The only ones who get it right are through our wellness program at work.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #1000
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
Getting in the lousy vein line.....ack. I insist they use the back of my hand now with a butterfly needle. "They" think it hurts more there, and how wrong they are because but they aren't me! Licia, if you apply pressure to the butterfly needle spot for several minutes, it works like a charm with no bruising.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote