"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 07-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #1001
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by licia View Post
CJ, I turn blue all over too when I'm stuck. Adding to that, my veins literally disappear the moment they know we are heading for blood work. A time or two back they took it from the top of my left hand and it looked as though it would never heal and stayed blue for well into the second month. After that, my doctor told me to always drink a 12 oz glass of water before going for blood work. It seemed to help. I think I'm the one who gets the new person to practice on.
licia,
i turn purple because I'm an easy bruser but because I have to take asprin that makes the brusing worse. This bruise I was talking about was from surgery on my arm to place an access \for dialysis. Fun wheeeee but it's purple now and starting to heal. and I'll be the old kades in no tome.
kades

Old 07-30-2011, 02:45 PM   #1002
Executive Chef

Quote:
What does one do at a Coroner's inquest?
Coroner; "Here, hold this kidney for a second...hey, whatcha on the floor for? Get up here and help me. This is no time for napping!"

Old 07-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #1003
Executive Chef

My venting is about drivers. What in the world has happened to road courtesy and normal politeness? Have they been erased from our world?

I was taught that on a normal road with two lanes in each direction, that one lane is for turns and passing, the other for long term driving. This way, anyone in a hurry for whatever reason, can move over and pass the slower vehicles.

Well, it seems now-a-days, that half the people on the highway want to just glide along in BOTH lanes, usually right beside one-another, so NO ONE can get past either of them!

In the last 5 years, I've noticed this all over the USA. I wonder if it's the same in other countries? People just don't think of being polite on the road any longer it seems.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:55 PM   #1004
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was taught this was a courtesy rule for highway driving. In town it is necessary for slow traffic to be in the left lane so they can make their left hand turns. Also, if the highway is running through a city that has left hand exits, the cars taking those exits need to be able to be in that lane.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:01 PM   #1005
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was taught this was a courtesy rule for highway driving. In town it is necessary for slow traffic to be in the left lane so they can make their left hand turns. Also, if the highway is running through a city that has left hand exits, the cars taking those exits need to be able to be in that lane.
Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent left turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #1006
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?
p'zactly!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #1007
Executive Chef

Quote:
Yes, in town, where there are lots of turns. I can see that. However, out on the open highway, (in the USA), the right lane is where everyone should be unless they have an imminent left turn approaching or while passing another vehicle.

Right?
Quote:
p'zactly!
Sometimes, like yesterday..., I wish I had a big pair of grabbers on my roof. Then I could pick up the rude person who is pacing the car next to them for 50 miles, 20 mph UNDER the limit, and move them into the right lane.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #1008
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Sometimes, like yesterday..., I wish I had a big pair of grabbers on my roof. Then I could pick up the rude person who is pacing the car next to them for 50 miles, 20 mph UNDER the limit, and move them into the right lane.
What?!? You don't have front mount .50 caliber guns?

You need to move to Montana!
Old 07-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #1009
Executive Chef

Quote:
What?!? You don't have front mount .50 caliber guns?

You need to move to Montana!
OMG, , you made me laugh so hard it made my shoulder hurt! Owwwww! Whaaaaaaaaaa, Whaaaaaaaa
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #1010
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
What does one do at a Coroner's inquest? I'd say I haven't been called for jury duty in a while, but I'd probably receive one in the mailbox asap. So I didn't really say that.
Quote:
Coroner; "Here, hold this kidney for a second...hey, whatcha on the floor for? Get up here and help me. This is no time for napping!"
Cute, Timothy!

Licia, a coroners inquest is done to confirm cause of death. Witnesses and professionals are called, but if there are suspects they do not attend. The jury takes all the evidence from the coroner's findings, witness accounts and any other pertinent information and makes a ruling on cause of death. Since I love shows like CSI, Law & Order, Etc. I would love to be in on this. Also, my sister is a civilian employee in the local RCMP Ident/Forensics department so it runs in the family!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote