"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #1121
Sous Chef

PF an Kadesma, you're more than welcome to stop by & see the baby any time you'd like. Well, once she's born, that is. Just drive on over!

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #1122
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Dealing with insurance, trying to get them to pay for medical bils. It's been more than a year. They still have not payed.
Good luck! I hope they pony up soon. That's so stressful! Deep breaths.

Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:13 PM   #1123
Chef Extraordinaire

no water in the park again. working on pipes. all the times they have done this, they could have put an all new system. it is really the pits. i put some water in buckets for the toilet and made sure i had bottled water in the fridge. it is a big pain in the you know what. oh, and water plants in yard last night. grrrrrrr.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #1124
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
PF an Kadesma, you're more than welcome to stop by & see the baby any time you'd like. Well, once she's born, that is. Just drive on over!
Yippee!!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #1125
Sous Chef

Last night I enjoyed 8 hours of regular contractions. I spent 4 hours tossing and turning, with a few minutes of sleep here and there. Around 2 am the contractions peaked at about 7 minutes apart, but I was very tired by that point and even though they were pretty uncomfortable, I was finally able to fall asleep. I figured I'd get as much rest as possible until they were too intense to allow me to. I woke up 2 hours later and they had stopped. Today just back to sporadic Braxton-Hicks. Grrrrrr. I still have a week and a half before my due date, so it's not like I'm in any hurry, but really, was that necessary? It was probably dehydration since I was sweating like crazy during work last night, but I drank a ton of water to try to prevent that! I honestly am being very patient most of the time, but nights like that make me just want to be done.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #1126
Executive Chef

Quote:
Last night I enjoyed 8 hours of regular contractions. I spent 4 hours tossing and turning, with a few minutes of sleep here and there. Around 2 am the contractions peaked at about 7 minutes apart, but I was very tired by that point and even though they were pretty uncomfortable, I was finally able to fall asleep. I figured I'd get as much rest as possible until they were too intense to allow me to. I woke up 2 hours later and they had stopped. Today just back to sporadic Braxton-Hicks. Grrrrrr. I still have a week and a half before my due date, so it's not like I'm in any hurry, but really, was that necessary? It was probably dehydration since I was sweating like crazy during work last night, but I drank a ton of water to try to prevent that! I honestly am being very patient most of the time, but nights like that make me just want to be done.
Sometimes I really, really like being a guy.

Good luck to you Sprout.You have all my best wishesfor a perfect delivery with as little discomfort as possible!
Old 08-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #1127
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Thanks for keeping us updated. Wish I could be there.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:12 PM   #1128
Sous Chef

Thanks, guys!
Old 08-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #1129
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Oh, Baby!

We are all anxiously awaiting the delivery!

Hope you can get comfortable, Sprout.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #1130
Master Chef

So I am applying for this job. PCA, the home care to help an elderly person. The company says they only hire people with minimum 6 month experience, however if I answer questions of the test properly it will be consider as if I had those 6 month experience. The company doesn't provide the training. How am i supposed to answer the questions? Some of them are really simple common since kind of stuff, but some are totally stupid or very specific. It's just weird.