"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #1131
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
So I am applying for this job. PCA, the home care to help an elderly person. The company says they only hire people with minimum 6 month experience, however if I answer questions of the test properly it will be consider as if I had those 6 month experience. The company doesn't provide the training. How am i supposed to answer the questions? Some of them are really simple common since kind of stuff, but some are totally stupid or very specific. It's just weird.
There are places that will give you the training, if you work for them for a certain amount of time.

I firmly believe you need this training before you start caring for the elderly. But, that's just me. Answering questions on a test does not prepare you for what the job entails...or keep you and your self safe.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #1132
Master Chef

I understand, but in the mean time I really need this particular job at this particular place and some questions are just stupid.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #1133
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
I understand, but in the mean time I really need this particular job at this particular place and some questions are just stupid.
Of course they are, they are questions about people. PM me the questions and I will see if I can help. Since I take care of the Elderly on a daily basis and have been Licensed or Certified to do so for about 20 years, I think I may be able to help.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #1134
Executive Chef

Venting here!!! Allergies are in full swing! Sneezing and watery eyes all day. Can't breathe at night! Waiting for that first frost that kills those nasty weeds! Clariton helps a little, but it is still miserable at times.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:39 AM   #1135
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Venting here!!! Allergies are in full swing! Sneezing and watery eyes all day. Can't breathe at night! Waiting for that first frost that kills those nasty weeds! Clariton helps a little, but it is still miserable at times.
Chopper, Sorry you are feeling bad, Hope you get better soon.

Josie
Old 08-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #1136
Master Chef

As if dealing with one insurance was not enough, now I also have to deal with my home insurance. My neighbore had simular, but smaller roof damage and he had his whole roof replaced and payed for by State farm. Me, they are offering to fix damaged area, basically patch few spots. How do I deal with this? Who can I complain? It is unbeliavable.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:40 PM   #1137
Chef Extraordinaire

i hate being sick! i feel sick! i am sick! i have to much to do to be sick! this is how it started this time last year. sore throat, slight cough and stuffed up and running at the same time nose. if not better or if worse tomorrow will have to see dr. can't end up in hospital again. don't know how i get sick , i hardly leave the house. maybe my great grandkids brought it to me from kindergarten. it sucks!!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:09 PM   #1138
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i hate being sick! i feel sick! i am sick! i have to much to do to be sick! this is how it started this time last year. sore throat, slight cough and stuffed up and running at the same time nose. if not better or if worse tomorrow will have to see dr. can't end up in hospital again. don't know how i get sick , i hardly leave the house. maybe my great grandkids brought it to me from kindergarten. it sucks!!
I'm suggesting fluids...like chicken broth, water, ginger ale... No more p-neumonias...I mean it! Any fever or just the congestion?
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 PM   #1139
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo
Oh, Babe, so hoping you feel better soon! Hugs!
Old 08-30-2011, 11:38 PM   #1140
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
I must have given it to you in one of my posts! I'm just now getting over exactly what you just described. The clogged up ears is the last remaining problem.

Good luck and hang in there! It took a full week on me so far. Having the glands under the neck swell up like tennis balls was the worst. I tried to sleep about 16 hours a day.

Soup. Lots of soup. Lots of liquids. Sleep and rest.

Make two DC posts and PM me in the morning.