"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM   #1161
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Good luck on your move, Odette! When you get online, type fast!

Message to all drivers on the freeway; Run for your lives! Here comes Odette!
I just came to have a quick cuppa, can't sleep!!!!
You have no idea how badly I want to say some PG13 words right now, don't joke I'm absolutely terrified! Just hoping there won't be an article in Saturdays newspaper about the little messed up Volvo wrapped around a sign post
The kids are not driving with me thank goodness, think the 4 hour drive might take twice as long
I pull off the road when I see trucks!!!! Well my friend I still have 24 hours before I leave so rest assured I'll check in before I go. Have a great day further
Here goes nothing, round 2 of tossing and turning here we come!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #1162
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We will miss you, Odette! Please take care and drive safely!

Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM   #1163
Master Chef

Thank you all for the kind words :) I'll miss you all dearly and I still have 1 more day before I go so I should be able to check in from time to time tomorrow.
Best I go and attempt to sleep a bit so I can be functional when I finish the packing!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #1164
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snip 13
Thank you all for the kind words :) I'll miss you all dearly and I still have 1 more day before I go so I should be able to check in from time to time tomorrow.
Best I go and attempt to sleep a bit so I can be functional when I finish the packing!
I will miss you so much my new sister. BT is going to have to pick up some serious sibling slack. I hope your move goes well and that you all end up safely in your new location. And of course, I hope you get the internet back soon! I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM   #1165
Chef Extraordinaire

oh my, i will miss you. get back on soon, o.k.?
Old 08-31-2011, 11:01 PM   #1166
Sous Chef

Take care and good luck with your move! Check in when you can and let us know you made it safely. (Wow, and I've only been a mom for 2 years...) Hope to hear from you soon!
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 PM   #1167
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'll miss you Odette, come back soon!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #1168
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

OK, so I went to the USPS website to print a postage and mailing label to return a product in a small padded envelope that it came in. I have done this many times before. Weight was 8.3 ounces. The USPS website had to download a new program to my computer, fine. However, now the only options are either send stuff in their Priority Mail boxes and envelopes, or to stand in line at the post office and ship it from there! No more options for just printing and sticking a label on a very small package and shipping it from home! Some of the options were $25+! I am really PO'ed about this! Anyone have any insight? I have searched online for the changes and have come up with nothing so far.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:52 PM   #1169
Executive Chef

Grrrr, my 5 minute drive to work took 15+ minutes tonight because people are stupid. First it was a group of people wearing all dark colors standing in the middle of the road apparently just hanging out. I'm a big proponent of pedestriens having the right of way but really? I mean what makes this scenario seem like a good idea. "Oh, I know what would be fun. Let's all put on dark clothes so we're difficult to see at night, then pick the darkest part of the road and stand around chatting until we get hit by a car. Yeah, that's a great idea." I so wanted to ask them their names and tell them that when they inevitably get hit by a car I'd make sure to nominate them for a darwin award.

And then I finally get them to move so I can get through and have to slam on my breaks to keep from hitting some moron that decides not to stop at the stop sign before him and pull out in front of me instead. Then I get to follow said moron all the way to work going 10 miles under the speed limit which happens to be 25 miles an hour. 15 miles an hour all the way to work. I'm like, seriously? You can dart out in front of me causing me to slam on my breaks to keep from hitting you but 25 miles an hour is too fast for you?

Then I finally get to work and there's like 3 parking spots available and there are people standing in all of them chatting. I finally ask one group if they could please move so I can park and get "OMG your such a b****." Really? I sat patiently waiting for several minutes, apologized for interupting and politely asked if you could please move and I'm a b? Well pardon me for making you walk 5 steps so I can go punch in for the job that I'm now late for because apparently it's stupid, inconsiderate people day so you've all decided to come out and perform in a manner befitting your unpleasant natures. Gah.

I am so hiding in my office away from people as much as possible tonight.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:55 PM   #1170
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Grrrr, my 5 minute drive to work took 15+ minutes tonight because people are stupid. First it was a group of people wearing all dark colors standing in the middle of the road apparently just hanging out. I'm a big proponent of pedestriens having the right of way but really? I mean what makes this scenario seem like a good idea. "Oh, I know what would be fun. Let's all put on dark clothes so we're difficult to see at night, then pick the darkest part of the road and stand around chatting until we get hit by a car. Yeah, that's a great idea." I so wanted to ask them their names and tell them that when they inevitably get hit by a car I'd make sure to nominate them for a darwin award.

And then I finally get them to move so I can get through and have to slam on my breaks to keep from hitting some moron that decides not to stop at the stop sign before him and pull out in front of me instead. Then I get to follow said moron all the way to work going 10 miles under the speed limit which happens to be 25 miles an hour. 15 miles an hour all the way to work. I'm like, seriously? You can dart out in front of me causing me to slam on my breaks to keep from hitting you but 25 miles an hour is too fast for you?

Then I finally get to work and there's like 3 parking spots available and there are people standing in all of them chatting. I finally ask one group if they could please move so I can park and get "OMG your such a b****." Really? I sat patiently waiting for several minutes, apologized for interupting and politely asked if you could please move and I'm a b? Well pardon me for making you walk 5 steps so I can go punch in for the job that I'm now late for because apparently it's stupid, inconsiderate people day so you've all decided to come out and perform in a manner befitting your unpleasant natures. Gah.

I am so hiding in my office away from people as much as possible tonight.
<scritch, scritch, scritch> can i come in and hide too?