"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #1181
Chef Extraordinaire

you bet, come on over. i will call on tuesday, forgot about the holiday. i know there had to be a supervisor of some kind on the week-end. after being put on hold three times, i was just to angry to speak. the guy was a jerk, thanks for the kind words.

Old 09-03-2011, 11:57 PM   #1182
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
you bet, come on over. i will call on tuesday, forgot about the holiday. i know there had to be a supervisor of some kind on the week-end. after being put on hold three times, i was just to angry to speak. the guy was a jerk, thanks for the kind words.
I truly despise rudeness, especially over something such as this. He needs to lose his taxi license.

Old 09-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #1183
Master Chef

Babetoo, I feel your pain. There simply is not enough good, reliable, affordable public transportation in our country. So a cab driver can get away with this crap. It just isn't worth his time to do short runs? I'm going back to re-read, but can you call the management of the company and arrange for a regular pick-up, drop-off?

WHen people won't accept your credit card, when it is company policy TO accept it, it means they are trying to cheat the company and the IRS. So think of calling the company, asking for regular pick-ups and drop-offs, and see if they can bill you every month.

Reporting him to the company may be being a big favor for them, because he's cheating someone.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 AM   #1184
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Great suggestions, Claire!

Wish I had good ones for Rosebud!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:34 AM   #1185
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

A friend of mine is a cab driver and I used to ask for him especially, until he asked me nicely not to do that as he could lose a good trip (like an airport run), just to give me a short ride.

The dispatcher is the person at fault here, the driver had no business taking his anger out on you.

Do let the cab company know, but wait until you're calmer.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:23 PM   #1186
Master Chef

I'd be madder than a wet hen, Babe!!

I'd print out what you just told us it so you can remember exactly what he said to you. That way you can give an accurate report to his boss.
If you're anything like me, in the heat of the conversation I'd draw a blank.
Good luck Babe, and we'll be needing a report ok?

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #1187
Chef Extraordinaire

these days i generally only take one cab ride a month. just for haircut. i will follow through on this on tuesday. my neighbor said she would be glad to take me if she was at home. so that may just be a way. or will just make when my granddaughter is available. she would have taken me yesterday but she had a wedding. i am much calmer about it today and certainly did not lose any sleep over it. i do not get that mad often, probably a good thing, lol. thanks to all for the sympathy.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #1188
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
I think you should also file a complaint with the government department that grants taxi licenses.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #1189
Master Chef

Babe,
If you don't get it squared away with the cab company contact the credit card company. It is against Mastercard/Visa association rules for a business to refuse the card as payment even on small transactions.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #1190
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Doctors who don't pay attention to what their patients and the family members are saying. I am so mad right now I can barely stand it!