"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #1231
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks. My BF's hubby got an earful last night--she wasn't home, so he got to hear all about my frustrations. And, I have to say, he has been one of my "rocks" for years. I love him dearly. He is so insightful and has been down this road as well. And has spent time with my parents so he knows them. When I go down for Cdn Thanksgiving, I might ask him to write a letter to my dad--he's written to them before--and was a key person to intercede and help me reconcile with them. I have forgiven them for the hurt--that is not to say I've forgotten, but I've been able to "rise above" the pain. In a large part, he's responsible for me being able to do that. Don't you just hate s/one who serves a lovely meal and then brings up tough topics as "dinnertime conversation"?

BTW, as if I wanted to spend 7 weeks with my parents. My mom still thinks I'm on a trip and asks when I'm coming home. I'm home in my heart every hour of every day. But I can't live there.

Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #1232
Executive Chef

Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #1233
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.
Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #1234
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...
I hope they pass quickly for you.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #1235
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I hope they pass quickly for you.
I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #1236
Executive Chef

Quote:

I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Deep breaths and cold water over the shower curtain. He's already cranky, might as well have fun with it. Kidding, I know that would only legitemize his crankyness.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #1237
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Wow, that's rough, PF. Sure hope things get better soon! Funny what some meds can do.

Hope you're feeling better, Pag!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #1238
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? ......run Shrek, RUN!
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #1239
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? ......run Shrek, RUN!
#3...but, now I'm considering taking a weekend off from home...
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #1240
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
#3...but, now I'm considering taking a weekend off from home...

Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!