"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-30-2011, 06:04 AM   #1231
Chef Extraordinaire
 
CWS4322's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Rural Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 12,347
Thanks. My BF's hubby got an earful last night--she wasn't home, so he got to hear all about my frustrations. And, I have to say, he has been one of my "rocks" for years. I love him dearly. He is so insightful and has been down this road as well. And has spent time with my parents so he knows them. When I go down for Cdn Thanksgiving, I might ask him to write a letter to my dad--he's written to them before--and was a key person to intercede and help me reconcile with them. I have forgiven them for the hurt--that is not to say I've forgotten, but I've been able to "rise above" the pain. In a large part, he's responsible for me being able to do that. Don't you just hate s/one who serves a lovely meal and then brings up tough topics as "dinnertime conversation"?

BTW, as if I wanted to spend 7 weeks with my parents. My mom still thinks I'm on a trip and asks when I'm coming home. I'm home in my heart every hour of every day. But I can't live there.
__________________

__________________
I've got OCD--Obsessive Chicken Disorder!
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums...les-76125.html
CWS4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:45 AM   #1232
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.
__________________

__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:00 AM   #1233
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Grrr. Sick. Don't want to be sick. Sinuses congested, ears hurt, throat hurts. Tongue, jaw and roof of my mouth ache. Neck muscles are achey and the achey fealing is moving down into my back. Head hurts. I don't have time to be sick.
Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:03 AM   #1234
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

Yeah, I wish I had spoken up earlier today and screamed for pain relief...I do have a couple of days to tolerate Shrek until his new meds balance out. He is so angry with me right now for bringing it up in front of his doctor that the Chantix makes him mean. He really had an outburst about my behavior, I had changed clothes so I would be decently dressed to pay the food delivery guy,When he asked me why I had changed clothes, apparently I had the wrong look on ,my face...I was looking at him, I'm not sure what he saw but is was enough to set him off yelling about how he is the mean one.

I just have to get through the next couple of days...
I hope they pass quickly for you.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:12 AM   #1235
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
I hope they pass quickly for you.
I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #1236
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mostly in my head
Posts: 2,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Deep breaths and cold water over the shower curtain. He's already cranky, might as well have fun with it. Kidding, I know that would only legitemize his crankyness.
__________________
Just because something has a duck bill doesn't mean it's a platypus. It might just be a duck.
Roger Miller: You can't roller skate in a buffalo heard, but you can be happy if you've a mind to.
purple.alien.giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #1237
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60

I'm just glad his doctor saw it and agreed with me and did some switching of the meds. Shrek is quite angry by what he feels is a betrayal...something he won't even consider in a few days, he'll actually be upset with himsel by then...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Wow, that's rough, PF. Sure hope things get better soon! Funny what some meds can do.

Hope you're feeling better, Pag!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #1238
Executive Chef
 
Timothy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 2,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
...it's just getting there without using pillow therapy.
Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? ......run Shrek, RUN!
__________________
Confirmed Sushi Addict
Timothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #1239
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Ha! The only pillow therapy I've known of is:

1. Using one after bypass surgery when coughing, so the alien can't get out of your chest.

2. Using one as a silencer to quiet the firing of a pistol.

3. Using one to suffocate someone who is being a PITA.

Which type are you using? ......run Shrek, RUN!
#3...but, now I'm considering taking a weekend off from home...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:42 PM   #1240
Master Chef
 
Aunt Bea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: near Mount Pilot
Posts: 7,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
#3...but, now I'm considering taking a weekend off from home...

Maybe it's time for a little Chihuahua therapy or even a shot of Patron!
__________________

__________________
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.