"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #1261
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I took a whole chicken out of the freezer Friday for dinner tonight. It was in a heavy plastic vacuum packed bag. That was in one of the courtesy plastic bags the market provides for messy and loose items. SO insists we put any packaged meats into one of those bags.

I just took the chicken in the bag, in the bag out of the fridge to prep it for dinner and it had leaked all over the bottom shelf of the fridge, and onto the floor when I took it out.

Now I have to clean and sanitize the fridge and the vegetable bin under the shelf and toss some food that may have been contaminated.

All this is complicated by the fact that the fridge is in a corner so I can't open the door beyond 90 to facilitate shelf removal.

You have no idea how PO'd I am. (feel free to substitute the words I really wanted to say here.)
Dang, Andy! I've had that one happen before! What a nasty mess to clean up.

I hope the rest of your evening turns out well and relaxing for you.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:44 PM   #1262
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.

You have no idea how PO'd I am. (feel free to substitute the words I really wanted to say here.)
I would be furious!!! New vocabulary words!!! NSFW!!!

Sorry, got all worked up thinking about it. Been there, done that. What a mess!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #1263
Chef Extraordinaire

Timothy--
It'll dry out in the next month, how very reassuring. I'd be drinking more than one glass of wine...
Old 10-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #1264
Certified Pretend Chef

Thanks for the sympathys, guys.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #1265
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Timothy--
It'll dry out in the next month, how very reassuring. I'd be drinking more than one glass of wine...
hehe, I'm on my second as I'm heating up leftovers.

About 15 minutes till supper!

Meatloaf, mashed garlic taters and asparagus

Yum city!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #1266
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I took a whole chicken out of the freezer Friday for dinner tonight. It was in a heavy plastic vacuum packed bag. That was in one of the courtesy plastic bags the market provides for messy and loose items. SO insists we put any packaged meats into one of those bags.

I just took the chicken in the bag, in the bag out of the fridge to prep it for dinner and it had leaked all over the bottom shelf of the fridge, and onto the floor when I took it out.

Now I have to clean and sanitize the fridge and the vegetable bin under the shelf and toss some food that may have been contaminated.

All this is complicated by the fact that the fridge is in a corner so I can't open the door beyond 90 to facilitate shelf removal.

I have a very good scatological vocabulary...I'd be using the choicest, too.

Sorry this happened and no easy fixes.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #1267
Chef Extraordinaire

I want to KICK my father in the shin. I've been encouraging him to get rid of my mom's car--she can't drive, yadda, yadda, yadda. While I was there for 7 weeks, I drove my mom's car. Before I left, she told me to take it home. I can't just take a car home--there is a border to cross. When I talked with my dad last Sunday, he asked me if I wanted my mom's car. I said yes--my brother could drive it to MN for visits, as could I. I spent HOURS on the phone with CDN customs and my insurance company trying to figure out the logistics. I booked a train ticket, and I spent $195 registering the first paper one has to register to import a car. I called last night--he SOLD the car. I'm out $195. I have a voucher on Amtrak, but I'm soooo mad at him. I called Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday--no mention of having sold the car. BAH! And then he says, "do you want me to get it back?" That's not the point dad. Arggh.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:58 PM   #1268
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I want to KICK my father in the shin. I've been encouraging him to get rid of my mom's car--she can't drive, yadda, yadda, yadda. While I was there for 7 weeks, I drove my mom's car. Before I left, she told me to take it home. I can't just take a car home--there is a border to cross. When I talked with my dad last Sunday, he asked me if I wanted my mom's car. I said yes--my brother could drive it to MN for visits, as could I. I spent HOURS on the phone with CDN customs and my insurance company trying to figure out the logistics. I booked a train ticket, and I spent $195 registering the first paper one has to register to import a car. I called last night--he SOLD the car. I'm out $195. I have a voucher on Amtrak, but I'm soooo mad at him. I called Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday--no mention of having sold the car. BAH! And then he says, "do you want me to get it back?" That's not the point dad. Arggh.
Sorry, I'm really trying not to laugh, but aside form the loss of money...it is kinda funny...you know, that laugh so you don't cry thing...Hugs!
Old 10-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #1269
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
So sorry CWS. All the time and energy spent, I would be tearing my hair out too! Maybe he SHOULD get the car back.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #1270
Chef Extraordinaire

It was tempting to tell him to get it back...dealing with elderly parents from a distance can be...trying. And I still want to kick him in the shin.