"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 AM   #1381
Master Chef

I happened to be in the same building where my doctor's office is on Monday, and the call was to let me know my pap and mam were normal. Why couldn't they tell my husband that when I specifically told them to.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:37 AM   #1382
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I happened to be in the same building where my doctor's office is on Monday, and the call was to let me know my pap and mam were normal. Why couldn't they tell my husband that when I specifically told them to.
For the life of me, I can't figure out why your Doctor would be checking your parents out and how you got teh only normal parents in the world! <joking>

Old 11-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #1383
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post

some people will never "get it" until or unless they themselves are left to sit on pins and needles for a long weekend while awaiting their fate. congrats to you, claire, for your clean bill of gyn health!
Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 AM   #1384
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
OMG, I hope you feel better today! If and when you ever get a live, breathing human being on the phone, ask them to reset your password and send it to you in an email.

Check to make sure they have the correct email for you.

Good luck!
Thanks! I am feeling better today, but it may still have to wait until tomorrow. I'm more swollen and the last thing I want is to wait on hold for hours to finally get someone on the line and have them hang up on me because they can't understand what I'm saying! I'll take the swelling with the decreased pain, though! The funny thing is, for whatever reason my phone is ringing like crazy this morning. I've gotten more phone calls this morning than I usually do in 3 days. It's not really a bid deal for me, but probably not for for the people trying to understand me! The callers who don't know me probably just assume I'm either drunk or have a speech impediment.
Always try to bring a spare set of clothing when you dream about going to work or school. That way, if you encounter someone having that dream where they show up in their underwear, you'll be their hero.
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:08 PM   #1385
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
Thanks! I am feeling better today, but it may still have to wait until tomorrow. I'm more swollen and the last thing I want is to wait on hold for hours to finally get someone on the line and have them hang up on me because they can't understand what I'm saying! I'll take the swelling with the decreased pain, though! The funny thing is, for whatever reason my phone is ringing like crazy this morning. I've gotten more phone calls this morning than I usually do in 3 days. It's not really a bid deal for me, but probably not for for the people trying to understand me! The callers who don't know me probably just assume I'm either drunk or have a speech impediment.
Your typing is clear as a bell!

I understood every word of it!

When I went the route of Dentures, I had an Oral Surgeon remove every remaining tooth in my head and he also removed two tori and ground the jaw bone flat.

I've never been sorry for even a minute. It was pure hell for a week, but now I don't even remember what tooth pain feels like!

spork, I hope your misery passes as quickly as possible! Relax and take it as easy as you can and pamper yourself!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:21 PM   #1386
Chef Extraordinaire

Why is it that people assume everyone has a cell phone/smart phone, text messaging, Internet access, and other such things? I have a cell phone, but because where I live, the coverage is lousy. It is a pay-as-you-go phone. I use it for road emergencies and an alarm clock. I don't have text messaging. Also, the reason I have a pay-as-you-go phone is because of the proximity of the US border. The roaming charges can be HORRIFIC. If I would forget to turn the other cell I had on to "no roaming" my monthly bill was almost more than my mortgage. But why is it people assume EVERYONE has these things and has the coverage one finds in metropolitan centers?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:48 PM   #1387
Traveling Welcome Wagon

My vent is about our visit to the cemetery yesterday. We went and started the arrangements for my dad. Everything went great. Then Nancy and I went out to see my mom's, my grandparents', and my uncle's graves. We had trouble finding my uncle's (that whole section of the cemetery has the flat ground-level headstones). As we looked, we noticed that many of the headstones were partially or even fully covered with thick layers (sometimes several inches) of dirt, and some had been like that so long that grass was growing in the dirt. Nancy had said something about this the last time she went out there (she went down on Mother's Day). We both said something this time. Their excuse was that some of them are old and no one comes to visit them and the staff just hasn't gotten around to it. The personal service there is great. The grave maintenance is horrible.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #1388
Executive Chef

I paid over 6000 dollars in July to get some dental work done which has been a lengthy process. I paid it up front because I then got 10% off the total for paying ahead of time. When I went in today the lady who checked me out said today's total was $900.00. I told her that she must be joking because I paid the bill ahead of time. She told me that she would check with the bookkeeper. Then she said that she would give me the option of paying it now or after talking to the bookkeeper. Boy was I mad. I said I didn't plan on paying at any time.
Then she offered me a carnation. I should have told her where she could put the darn thing. I know it is a mistake, but it sure did get me mad. It's like she didn't believe me or something.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #1389
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
I paid over 6000 dollars in July to get some dental work done which has been a lengthy process. I paid it up front because I then got 10% off the total for paying ahead of time. When I went in today the lady who checked me out said today's total was $900.00. I told her that she must be joking because I paid the bill ahead of time. She told me that she would check with the bookkeeper. Then she said that she would give me the option of paying it now or after talking to the bookkeeper. Boy was I mad. I said I didn't plan on paying at any time.
Then she offered me a carnation. I should have told her where she could put the darn thing. I know it is a mistake, but it sure did get me mad. It's like she didn't believe me or something.
You should have given her the choice of giving you a paid in full receipt or having a talk with your attorney. I assume that you did show her your reciept for the payment in advance.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #1390
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy
You should have given her the choice of giving you a paid in full receipt or having a talk with your attorney. I assume that you did show her your reciept for the payment in advance.
I didn't have it with me, but I will the next time I go in...or before if need be!