"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #1511
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I understand, CWS, I hate being pulled over by a cop too. It always makes me start stuttering and my hands start shaking. I don't know why I get that reaction, but it's always the same.
I hear ya on that one. I don't drive and if the car I am in gets pulled over I am a nervous wreck. How am I going to get home if the cop takes the driver in? All sorts of panic thoughts race through my head. Once my daughter got pulled over. The cop wanted to see who the handicap placard was for. She only displays it when I am in the car. She used it once when I wasn't and sure enough, she got caught. She works for the Registry and could have lost her job. Lesson learned. The cop just confiscated the placard. She got me a new one the next day.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:28 AM   #1512
Master Chef

God, what an Idiot I am. I'm usually much more up on things British (or international for that matter) affairs/culture than people I know around here because of my background, but movie references that are modern evade me, and EU politics we don't hear about unless they explode and wind up on BBC/America half-hour broadcast at 6. Subtleties go over my head, especially if they refer to modern popular culture (now, if it was a ten plus year old TV series, maybe I'd get it!)

Old 12-16-2011, 08:39 AM   #1513
Master Chef

My latest gripe hasn't quite come to fruition. Yesterday morning a water main broke near our house. I wasn't home, and my husband was distracted by some home repairs we have a contractor working on. We had no water for a couple of hours, and were warned of it, and told that once the water was flowing again we'd be under a "boil drinking water" warning until further notice. Now, this doesn't aggravate me since this isn't the first 19th century community I've lived in (love the ambience, pay for it in these sorts of things). But if I'd been home it might have occurred to me to fill pitchers with drinking water and to fill a bucket or two with water to flush the toilet with.

What I'm wondering is if the city (actually a small town of about 3300) will think to notify me, especially as it is segueing into the weekend, when the "boil water" order is not needed. I spent the afternoon boiling water, so have a few gallons of drinking water stored, but knowing city hall, I'll probably be boiling water long after the order is rescinded. I'll try to remember to call them before they close for the weekend today. As it is, it is only an irritation, not a catastrophe.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:10 PM   #1514
Chef Extraordinaire

not sure this is the right thread for this. it is slowing down my getting christmas stuff finished up. couple days ago , while using grab bar to get out of the shower, i felt something snap, tear, whatever in my right arm. it really hurt. two days later a baseball size bruise appears. i have never had nor have i ever seen a bruise like this.it is not tender to the touch. by yesterday was finally able to use that arm . couldn't believe how much it limited my motion . doesn't hurt at all anymore. it really ticked me off . i have no clue what happened but think it is o.k. now.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:21 PM   #1515
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
not sure this is the right thread for this. it is slowing down my getting christmas stuff finished up. couple days ago , while using grab bar to get out of the shower, i felt something snap, tear, whatever in my right arm. it really hurt. two days later a baseball size bruise appears. i have never had nor have i ever seen a bruise like this.it is not tender to the touch. by yesterday was finally able to use that arm . couldn't believe how much it limited my motion . doesn't hurt at all anymore. it really ticked me off . i have no clue what happened but think it is o.k. now.
No lump or warmth when it happened? A blood vessel may have broken when you flexed your arm. Keep an eye on it. But, if there is no pain now, that is what I guess may have happened. Anything odd about it or the pain returns, get it checked.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:50 AM   #1516
Executive Chef

Quote:
Easy does it with the break-dancing in the shower, Babe2! Ya can't be bustin a move with all that water and soap on the floor! Be careful, please!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:16 AM   #1517
Head Chef

Quote:
Hope this episode doesn't hinder the raising of the elbow for the holidays!
Old 12-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #1518
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Hope this episode doesn't hinder the raising of the elbow for the holidays!
Well, if it hinders her, who gets her share? Can't let good stuff just sit there.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:46 PM   #1519
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Well, if it hinders her, who gets her share? Can't let good stuff just sit there.
Now, now, Addie. Let's all just simmer down and have a drink. I think you'd better not be messin' with Babetoo's stuff.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #1520
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Now, now, Addie. Let's all just simmer down and have a drink. I think you'd better not be messin' with Babetoo's stuff.
HIC