"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-10-2010, 04:23 AM   #151
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Happy venting sounds just perfect
kades
Alix Quote There is an old thread I started called "Celebrations" for just such occasions, we could dig that one up. Quote.

Thanks for the encouragement. I posted Venting on a Happy Note at 6:15 or so last evening, and there are already 8 posts.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:12 AM   #152
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I am so mad at myself! I have been getting the pumpkins done slowly but surely. I got the 4th one done this evening. I had been saving the seeds, but I decided to go ahead and roast the ones I had now and do the rest later. I had a lot of really nice looking pumpkin seeds. Yes, I said "had."

I saw two pans sitting there, one a regular metal pan and the other a disposable one. I decided to use the disposable one. I went to put them in the oven, and suddenly the disposable pan collapsed and almost all the pumpkin seeds dumped all over the bottom of the oven. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The oven needs cleaning, and my knees and back hurt tonight, so I couldn't spend a lot of time cleaning them out, so I decided to count it a loss and use the vacuum cleaner to clean them out. To add insult to injury I accidentally attached the hose to the blower side and blew half of the seeds to the back of the oven.

The rest of the pumpkin seeds will definitely be done in a regular metal pan!

Barbara

Old 11-12-2010, 12:37 AM   #153
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
I am so mad at myself! I have been getting the pumpkins done slowly but surely. I got the 4th one done this evening. I had been saving the seeds, but I decided to go ahead and roast the ones I had now and do the rest later. I had a lot of really nice looking pumpkin seeds. Yes, I said "had."

I saw two pans sitting there, one a regular metal pan and the other a disposable one. I decided to use the disposable one. I went to put them in the oven, and suddenly the disposable pan collapsed and almost all the pumpkin seeds dumped all over the bottom of the oven. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The oven needs cleaning, and my knees and back hurt tonight, so I couldn't spend a lot of time cleaning them out, so I decided to count it a loss and use the vacuum cleaner to clean them out. To add insult to injury I accidentally attached the hose to the blower side and blew half of the seeds to the back of the oven.

Barbara
Oh no!

(((hugs)))
Old 11-12-2010, 01:10 AM   #154
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Oh no!

(((hugs)))
I'm already laughing about it, but it was irritating!

Barbara
Old 11-12-2010, 01:17 AM   #155
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Barbara

Arrrrgh! I'm glad you are laughing about it now...but when it happens
Old 11-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #156
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

That D@#$%^ Murphy, and to get the double whammy of blowing them all over! At least you can laugh about it and probably will from now on every time you think or hear about pumpkin seeds.

Big hugs coming your way. Poor baby.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #157
Head Chef

Quote:

Barbara

Ohh poor you,really sorry to hear about your fiasco with pumpkin seeds but glad u r over it already,and good luck with the rest of the seeds.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #158
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I wonder what Murphy Slaw, tastes like?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #159
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Thanks Princess. That was my belly laugh for the morning!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #160
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I wonder what Murphy Slaw, tastes like?
Buahhahahaha....