"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #1651
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yeah, I'm getting something creeping up on me, low grade fever. No cough, but stuffy, sneezing like crazy. And just feel icky, not sick enough to stay home. Steady headache, but not bad enough for a precursor to a migraine.
Yuck. Hopefully Shrek has made homemade chicken noodle soup for you.

Old 01-04-2012, 01:06 AM   #1652
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Yup--manufactured in Sweden. I loved my other Volvo. I had it forever (about 18 years). I like Volvos. I figure I will have this one for awhile...at least another 130K.
They are still making them in Sweden, even though Ford owns the company.

I love Volvos. I was rear ended by a drunk. I was driving my first, beloved Volvo. The police, two lady cops who saw the crash, were surprised that we weren't the least bit injured. They are known for being safe and that crash certainly convinced me. Drunken fool was driving an SUV and plowed into me while I was waiting at a traffic light. The frame on my Volvo got bent, so I got a replacement Volvo - the one I have now.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:30 AM   #1653
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
Yuck. Hopefully Shrek has made homemade chicken noodle soup for you.
Shrek, cook....
Old 01-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #1654
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
<stomp, stomp, stomp> Time to renew my Victoza injections that I understood to be a two month supply, lasted me only a month. My co-pay was $50 last month. So I'm in a very grouchy mood wandering into the pharmacy<stomp, stomp, stomp>

My co-pay was $0...I wasted a perfectly good mad...I hate it when that happens.
It is just possible that they didn't have a two month supply on hand when you first got it filled, and they failed to tell you. So your original co-pay was for a two month supply. Next time look on the bottle and check the amount. If it is in pill form, there should be 30 pills. The label has to say how much is in the container. And they should inform you if it is a full prescription as written. Of course if it was a pharmacist aide that handed you your purchase, she would have no way of knowing.

Next time speak to the pharmacist. Don't take it laying down. It is the only way you can catch any errors that may be made. Open the bag and examine the bottle right there at the counter. Read your rights that should be posted right within sight of the service counter where you either drop off your script or where you pick it up. But I do understand your frustration!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #1655
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is just possible that they didn't have a two month supply on hand when you first got it filled, and they failed to tell you. So your original co-pay was for a two month supply. Next time look on the bottle and check the amount. If it is in pill form, there should be 30 pills. The label has to say how much is in the container. And they should inform you if it is a full prescription as written. Of course if it was a pharmacist aide that handed you your purchase, she would have no way of knowing.

Next time speak to the pharmacist. Don't take it laying down. It is the only way you can catch any errors that may be made. Open the bag and examine the bottle right there at the counter. Read your rights that should be posted right within sight of the service counter where you either drop off your script or where you pick it up. But I do understand your frustration!
Actually, my vent was that I wasted a perfectly good mad...

The medication is in a pen for injection, first time for me using it, I thought (my bad, should have read the instructions) one pen was one month and I had gotten two pens. Now I know better and I wasn't paying attention to how many pens Shrek was going through a month on his injectable. Since I am no longer administering medications at work, I hadn't gotten to use any pen injectables except for Novolog and those last forever. They are cool and the needles are sooo tiny.

I was excited by no co-pay...but you can bet I won't count on it happening again.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #1656
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Actually, my vent was that I wasted a perfectly good mad...

The medication is in a pen for injection, first time for me using it, I thought (my bad, should have read the instructions) one pen was one month and I had gotten two pens. Now I know better and I wasn't paying attention to how many pens Shrek was going through a month on his injectable. Since I am no longer administering medications at work, I hadn't gotten to use any pen injectables except for Novolog and those last forever. They are cool and the needles are sooo tiny.
I was excited by no co-pay...but you can bet I won't count on it happening again.
You get a freebee mad next time. Those injectables are so neat. My son carries one with him all summer. Allergic to bee stings.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #1657
Chef Extraordinaire

My son took all my whites down to the laundry room and washed and dried them. Bless his heart. I guess I can't have everything. I have to fold everything. There is a pile of towels. There are several sheet towels that are very heavy and thick. I hate folding these. The rest of the towels are of normal size. Those are bad enough to fold. I use to enjoy folding laundry. But not anymore.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:55 PM   #1658
Executive Chef

Being sick really makes me vent!!! Now today I finally went to the doctor (actually her PA) after being sick for three weeks. I was given a script for nighttime cough medicine, so I may actually get some rest tonight, but...I was also told that it may last another week or so. Now I need to wait a week before taking anything to get better! Now, I have a massive headache. Guess I will see how tonight goes!
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #1659
Executive Chef

Wow, reading the vents it seams like everyone is getting sick. Me too. I just got over a cold yesterday and today I woke up with a stomach bug. Not at all fun. Fealing better tonight though. Hope everyone else gets better soon.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #1660
Everymom

My vent is about weird petty crap. But that's really what this thread is for...petty crap. I'm cranky and feeling a bit petty myself about now.

I got a "talking to" at work yesterday and I was not responsible for one of the issues, and I'd corrected an oversight I'd made. I explained as much to this supervisor and suggested he do some digging about it. Then I got to thinking about this and realized that he could only have heard about my oversight from another employee who is not my biggest fan. So, I'm a little peeved. I corrected one very minor error, and then have been accused of one LARGER error that could impact my credibility. I'm unhappy and I can't even confront this particular coworker as he is on days off for two more days. Grrrr. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big issue, but it is irritating.

AND...my eyelid keeps twitching. Its making me NUTS. Been happening off and on now for a month or so and I can't figure out how to stop it!