"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #1661
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
My vent is about weird petty crap. But that's really what this thread is for...petty crap. I'm cranky and feeling a bit petty myself about now.

I got a "talking to" at work yesterday and I was not responsible for one of the issues, and I'd corrected an oversight I'd made. I explained as much to this supervisor and suggested he do some digging about it. Then I got to thinking about this and realized that he could only have heard about my oversight from another employee who is not my biggest fan. So, I'm a little peeved. I corrected one very minor error, and then have been accused of one LARGER error that could impact my credibility. I'm unhappy and I can't even confront this particular coworker as he is on days off for two more days. Grrrr. In the grand scheme of things this isn't a big issue, but it is irritating.
And what is worse, by the time he gets back to work, you will be over your mad. Grrrr!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #1662
Everymom

EXACTLY! I hate to waste a good grump! LOL! Thanks Addie.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:41 PM   #1663
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix
AND...my eyelid keeps twitching. Its making me NUTS. Been happening off and on now for a month or so and I can't figure out how to stop it!
Have you gotten this checked out yet? It could be a sign of something serious. A friend of mine had an eye that kept twitching for an extended amount of time and found out he'd had a small stroke. Not the only thing that can cause persistant muscle twitches but it's worth getting checked out, if for no other reason than to see if the twitching can be relieved.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #1664
Executive Chef

5 adults. 3 kids (2 toddlers and a preteen). All sick with a stomach/intestinal virus. Those of us who have had it for a week and ran a fever with it are finally starting to feel better. Those who initially had it at the beginning of the week for only 24 hrs are getting it again and running a fever with it this time. Hopefully it will be gone soon. We're all tired of smelling the nastier parts of this illness and doing mass loads of laundry. And someone is going to have to go get more toilet paper soon. Been a rough week.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:03 PM   #1665
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Sounds bad, Jess. Anyone feel good enough for a TP run? Some local stores are willing to deliver when a household is down. Even the the cab company will do a run if needed.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #1666
Executive Chef

Rol has been symptom free for over 24 hours so he's going to work this afternoon and will pick some up on his way home. We have enough until then.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #1667
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple.alien.giraffe View Post
Rol has been symptom free for over 24 hours so he's going to work this afternoon and will pick some up on his way home. We have enough until then.
And food and fluids...
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #1668
Executive Chef

We have lots of rice, bread, jello, broth, applesauce, soda crackers and oatmeal. We need more bananas, some pedialyte for the two toddlers and some more vitamin waters for the adults. And everyone is sipping water and gingerale. We also have lots of herbal peppermint, chamomile, and spearmint chamomile tea that we've all been sipping.

Hardest part is keeping the two boys entertained. They're so little they don't really understand that they need to rest and take it easy or that Aunt Jessie can't be lifting them over her head and spinning them around. They want to wrestle and play like they normally do and it's just not possible.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1669
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Yeah, keeping kids busy when you are sick is not fun.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #1670
Chef Extraordinaire

So what's with the spinach? My son has been hunting for more than a week for me trying to find fresh spinach. At first I wanted baby spinach. Now I will take any kind. He has hit five different very large supermarkets and they are out of it. One store advertised it for sale this week. He went the day the sale started. No spinach. When he asked, all he could get for an answer was "no spinach." I WANT MY SPINACH!!! Do I have to throw a hissy fit and stomp my feet in the middle of the produce aisle? Or maybe that old feminine wile, tears. Kale, escarole, etc. just will not do. It has to be spinach. I just want to saute' it in lots of butter and then pig out.