"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #1691
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef

Thanks! But I'm a guy!
We knew that , Bakechef!

Old 01-10-2012, 11:48 PM   #1692
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322 View Post
I don't know about people, but with dogs, 48 hours is the time it takes for antibiotics to kick in and for the dog to feel better...must be similar for people. I have a chronic low-grade kidney infection for which I have a script. I only need two doses before the pain goes away--but I do have to take the pills for the entire 10 days. I wish I could get rid of this infection once and for all. Just doesn't seem to want to happen (it has been 7 years).
Depends upon the antibotic. Kidney infections are not to be fooled with. My yongest daughter developed a serious infection from when she had the measles when she was five years old. Her doctor told me that she would eventually end up on the list for a new kidney. She didn't live long enough. But by the time of her death, the autopsy report stated that one kidney was non-functional. And the other was seriously damaged and scarred from years of infections. I spent more money for her meds than any one else in the family.

Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 PM   #1693
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS4322
I don't know about people, but with dogs, 48 hours is the time it takes for antibiotics to kick in and for the dog to feel better...must be similar for people. I have a chronic low-grade kidney infection for which I have a script. I only need two doses before the pain goes away--but I do have to take the pills for the entire 10 days. I wish I could get rid of this infection once and for all. Just doesn't seem to want to happen (it has been 7 years).
Seven years?!!! And I was whining about 4 weeks of being sick.
My pills are only for five days. I only have one left. I guess they still keep working after that up to 10 days total. Hope your pain goes away quickly.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:50 PM   #1694
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakechef View Post
Thanks! But I'm a guy!
Sorry. But they will still get better.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #1695
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Sorry. But they will still get better.
In a little over 2 weeks, I'll be on vacation, it will be much better then! After that we need to go on a money diet for a while!

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #1696
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
Seven years?!!! And I was whining about 4 weeks of being sick.
My pills are only for five days. I only have one left. I guess they still keep working after that up to 10 days total. Hope your pain goes away quickly.
Yup...thank goodness I can go to the EMERG on OHIP when it is really bad, but I don't understand why they can't culture it and figure out the antibiotic that will make it go away. This is the result of e-coli......which is another story.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:27 AM   #1697
Master Chef

Grrrr ... frustrated. I was having one heck of a time staying awake this evening, went up to bed, and my eyes pop open and I am wide awake. This isn't unusual, it has been the story of my life, insomnia. But it never fails to aggravate me when it takes this form. It's partner is that I'm drifting off in my chair in the afternoon (usually around 3). I'll cat-nap for awhile if hubby and doggie don't bug me. But do you think I could do as some of my friends do, and simply go upstairs and take a nap? Not unless I'm quite sick. As soon as I lie down it's like there's a spring in my eyelids and they bounce open and that's that.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #1698
Everymom

I will not be sick, I will not be sick! ARGH! I've been dodging germs at work and at home for weeks and I think one caught me! I'm going to dose myself with honey, lemon and echinacea! (And maybe a shot of brandy later!)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #1699
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Grrrr ... frustrated. I was having one heck of a time staying awake this evening, went up to bed, and my eyes pop open and I am wide awake. This isn't unusual, it has been the story of my life, insomnia. But it never fails to aggravate me when it takes this form. It's partner is that I'm drifting off in my chair in the afternoon (usually around 3). I'll cat-nap for awhile if hubby and doggie don't bug me. But do you think I could do as some of my friends do, and simply go upstairs and take a nap? Not unless I'm quite sick. As soon as I lie down it's like there's a spring in my eyelids and they bounce open and that's that.
I find that reading for awhile prior to trying to go to sleep, helps me get my mind into a more relaxed state. Then I seem to go to sleep without the "What I did today and will do tomorrow" thoughts taking over.

When I get sleepy in the afternoon, I roll the chair back and give into it. Dinky loves it when I do this, as he can climb up and sleep with me. he loves to lay on my left side and put his head just above my armpit. He purrs so hard that it calms me with it's rhythm. An hour or so in the chair like that and I'm back up for he evening.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #1700
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Depends upon the antibotic. Kidney infections are not to be fooled with. My yongest daughter developed a serious infection from when she had the measles when she was five years old. Her doctor told me that she would eventually end up on the list for a new kidney. She didn't live long enough.
So sorry.