"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #1741
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
First thing I ever asked a doctor for was for him to check my thyroid function. My Mother had hyperparathyroidism for many years before if was diagnosed. I was the one that kept telling her she had a thyroid problem and her doctor at the time said, "I'm the doctor, your daughter is a cashier, who do YOU think is right?" Turns out I was right. After surgery Mom's life turned around and she was feeling good for the first time in a long time.

Now I have mine checked yearly, I don't want it to be sprung on me.
You should have sent him a big card with one word. CACHING!!!

Old 01-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #1742
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You should have sent him a big card with one word. CACHING!!!
You wouldn't believe how many times that doctor told me that everything was in my head, not real at all. If he'd had his way I would have been stashed in the nut house a long time ago or dead.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #1743
Executive Chef

Quote:
Fortunately, today most of the old time doctors who didn't like having their patients questioning their judgement have go of the wayside. I wouldn't stay with a doctor who doesn't listen to me. You really want to tick me off? Treat me as if I am nothing but some old stupid woman who shouldn't dare question the wisdom of a man.
It's really not a gender thing, Addie. Some Doctors just think they are so much smarter than anyone else, that they really have no desire to hear squat from anyone about what *they* think. The Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville saw me for my hearing. The "assistant" did all the testing and when the Doctor came in, he was the type with the perfectly styled hair, aloof bearing, and immediately talked *down* to me. He didn't even give me an exam, but grabbed my arm, walked me to the door and pointed to the hearing aid booth across the hall and told me "That's who you need to see".

What an Ass. I filed a detailed complaint against him with the Hospital Administrator. I'm not impressed much with the Mayo Clinic. They have awesome resources, but their Doctors all think they're special and treat their patients as something less than they are.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #1744
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
What an Ass. I filed a detailed complaint against him with the Hospital Administrator. I'm not impressed much with the Mayo Clinic. They have awesome resources, but their Doctors all think they're special and treat their patients as something less than they are.
Just wait. It gets worse as you get older. They keep wanting to give you tests to see if dementia has started to set in yet.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #1745
Executive Chef

Quote:
Just wait. It gets worse as you get older. They keep wanting to give you tests to see if dementia has started to set in yet.
You're still as sharp as a tack, Addie. You tell em I said so!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1746
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
You're still as sharp as a tack, Addie. You tell em I said so!
Thank you. Will do!
Old 01-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #1747
Executive Chef

Man, I was doing some work yesterday and squatted with my left foot in a very cramped spot which caused my left big toe to flex past it's normal limits. I sprained the Dickens out of it and today I can hardly walk on it.

I would like to go a full week without injury. It seems much harder to do than it sounds.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1748
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Man, I was doing some work yesterday and squatted with my left foot in a very cramped spot which caused my left big toe to flex past it's normal limits. I sprained the Dickens out of it and today I can hardly walk on it.

I would like to go a full week without injury. It seems much harder to do than it sounds.
Thank you for the my laugh for the day.
Just wait until the day comes when you get tangled in your oxygen hose. Big toe huh? I can't stop laughing.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1749
Executive Chef

Quote:
Thank you for the my laugh for the day.
Just wait until the day comes when you get tangled in your oxygen hose. Big toe huh? I can't stop laughing.
Hey, it hurts like crazy! It's no laughing matter! I'm walking around like Lurch on the Adams family! (You rang?)
Old 01-13-2012, 03:02 PM   #1750
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Kinda hard on your feet, Timothy? You just got healed up from those nasty blisters. Take care of yourself.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote