"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2012, 06:03 PM   #1851
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but we have been having some terrific sun storms. They are playing havoc with the communications satellites. So if your computer is acting up, you can blame it on the sun. It will even affect your cable TV amd telephone. Even if your phone is cable provided. Just another of life's events to keep your life interesting if not aggravated.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1852
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I don't know if any of you are aware of this, but we have been having some terrific sun storms. They are playing havoc with the communications satellites. So if your computer is acting up, you can blame it on the sun. It will even affect your cable TV amd telephone. Even if your phone is cable provided. Just another of life's events to keep your life interesting if not aggravated.
So that's why the cat has been zooming around the house and going berserb.

Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #1853
Master Chef

I was hoping we'd get some northern lights from it, but no such luck (very overcast and probably too far south, although it isn't unheard of around here). I've seen them before, but husband hasn't, and I keep hoping he'll be able to see the phenomenon some day.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #1854
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
So that's why the cat has been zooming around the house and going berserb.
Same here, they act like they are being chased. Has to be it.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:48 PM   #1855
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
You know all those nice things I say about my children? WELL FORGET IT! Son #1 gave me his miserable cold. And I can't take any cold meds because of all the heart meds I am on. I have gone through two boxes of tissues today alone. And what isn't coming out of my nose like a open drain, is going down the back of my throat. So if I am not blowing my nose, I am trying to cough up phlegm. He is out of my will. Fortunately, I don't have a fever and the phlegm is still clear. No infection. !@$%@%^#&^$%&%^(# So there. Stick that in your peace pipe rotten son and smoke it.
sorry about your cold miseries, addie. puffs w/aloe are so soothing and gentle for a head cold. i bought a box of puffs for just that purpose, but haven't needed to use them yet. some years ago i started taking echinacea which is said to have properties that boost your natural immune system. i haven't had a cold in i don't know how many years, and my box of puffs with aloe remains untouched.
addie. aren't you being a bit hard on son #1? he looks out for you, according to your posts, and comes by regularly to help you in various ways. have some PURELL on hand, addie, and make sure you both use it when son #1 comes to see you when he has a cold. or else tell him you can't afford to be exposed to his germs....
...and i suspect son #1 is quite used to frequent changes to your will....
Old 01-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #1856
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Same here, they act like they are being chased. Has to be it.
You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1857
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
sorry about your cold miseries, addie. puffs w/aloe are so soothing and gentle for a head cold. i bought a box of puffs for just that purpose, but haven't needed to use them yet. some years ago i started taking echinacea which is said to have properties that boost your natural immune system. i haven't had a cold in i don't know how many years, and my box of puffs with aloe remains untouched.
addie. aren't you being a bit hard on son #1? he looks out for you, according to your posts, and comes by regularly to help you in various ways. have some PURELL on hand, addie, and make sure you both use it when son #1 comes to see you when he has a cold. or else tell him you can't afford to be exposed to his germs....
...and i suspect son #1 is quite used to frequent changes to your will....
Son #1 puts up with all my foolishness. Whenever I get really sick, he is the one that comes in a flash to help me. When I had that nasty GI thingy, I filled up every towel, sheet, blanket with some very nasty liquid feces. He is the one who took it all to the laundry for me and washed it all, dried it and folded it.

As for the will, I think he already has every thing he could want. The Shun knife, electric knife sharpner, and a couple of other things. Since he lives the closest, and has a key he would be the first one here to take what he wants anyhow. And I have four boxes of Puffs w/aloe. Thanks for caring. As the saying goes, if I stay home and treat the cold myself, it will take 14 days. If I go to the doctor it will take two weeks.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #1858
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.
That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...
Old 01-30-2012, 08:02 PM   #1859
Master Chef

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...

Time for your meds ladies!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #1860
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Time for your meds ladies!
And time to go behind the locked doors with the caretakers.