"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #1861
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
You might have noticed that cats seem to be smarter than can be expected from the size of brain that will fit in a cat's head. They are. The one in their head is only the secondary/backup brain. There's a planet on the other side of the Sun, that we never see, that has all the cat brains. Cats are in constant communication with their full sized brains. When there are sunspots, there can be glitches in the communication with the full sized brain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...
Now THAT'S funny!

Old 01-30-2012, 08:06 PM   #1862
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That makes sense, that's why they go nuts when I put tin foil hats on them...
Never thought of that. Shreddy is giving me funny looks.

Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #1863
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
As the saying goes, if I stay home and treat the cold myself, it will take 14 days. If I go to the doctor it will take two weeks.
Shrek and Fiona, on the floor!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #1864
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
And time to go behind the locked doors with the caretakers.

Charlie Rich fan?
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #1865
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Time for your meds ladies!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #1866
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I’ve been stalked before, and now I’m getting the feeling it’s happening again.

Robert was originally brought over by Joe, my next door neighbor, who knocked on my door, Robert in tow, and introduced me to this burnt out hippie weirdo dude, saying he thought I’d like meeting him. (!!!!!!!)

I’m a very private person and Joe should know this by now, but it ended up that Robert came back by and I invited him in.

I have NOTHING in common with this weirdo and was able to encourage him to leave.

He came by the next morning at 8 a.m. I ran him off, telling him it was too early.

He stopped by again around 4:30 p.m., and I just ignored his knock.

Abour an hour later, I noticed a sheet of paper on the floor by my door, apologizing and leaving his apartment number.

I ignored it.

Last week, there was a note taped to my door when I returned from shopping, asking me to call him, and gave me the phone number.

I ignored it too.

My problem is that this is weighing on my mind a lot lately. Just knowing he can knock on my door at any time, even knowing I’ll just ignore it, it upsets me.

If any contact is attempted again, I will go to the management office and make a report. I’m not looking forward to that, but I should be able to feel that it’s a resolved issue instead of waiting for another attempt.

Wow, did that ever get my blood pressure up, writing about it. I'm glad I did, though, because it made me realize that I needed to make a report anyway. There is a lady who works there I feel comfortable talking to.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #1867
Master Chef

Zhizara,

I think you would be wise to report it and also mention it to your neighbor. The next time you have a chance encounter with Robert I think you should calmly and quietly explain that you have no interest in having any contact. If that does not work report it to the police. It is probably harmless but, who needs the stress!
Old 01-31-2012, 07:03 AM   #1868
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhizara View Post
I've been stalked before, and now Iím getting the feeling itís happening again.

Robert was originally brought over by Joe, my next door neighbor, who knocked on my door, Robert in tow, and introduced me to this burnt out hippie weirdo dude, saying he thought Iíd like meeting him. (!!!!!!!)

Iím a very private person and Joe should know this by now, but it ended up that Robert came back by and I invited him in.

I have NOTHING in common with this weirdo and was able to encourage him to leave.

He came by the next morning at 8 a.m. I ran him off, telling him it was too early.

He stopped by again around 4:30 p.m., and I just ignored his knock.

About an hour later, I noticed a sheet of paper on the floor by my door, apologizing and leaving his apartment number.

I ignored it.

Last week, there was a note taped to my door when I returned from shopping, asking me to call him, and gave me the phone number.

I ignored it too.

My problem is that this is weighing on my mind a lot lately. Just knowing he can knock on my door at any time, even knowing Iíll just ignore it, it upsets me.

If any contact is attempted again, I will go to the management office and make a report. Iím not looking forward to that, but I should be able to feel that itís a resolved issue instead of waiting for another attempt.

Wow, did that ever get my blood pressure up, writing about it. I'm glad I did, though, because it made me realize that I needed to make a report anyway. There is a lady who works there I feel comfortable talking to.
With this post, start keeping a journal. Don't rely on your memory. When you are upset, it can be come faulty. If it gets to the point of a court appearance, it can and will be used for evidence. And definitely go to management. And if it continues, then go to the police or courts to get a restraining order.

I have been there with my granddaughter. When a restraining order didn't work, it took the fire department to get him off our porch roof with the fire hose, and four police officers to get him in handcuffs. Both hands and feet. Needless to say, we were the talk of the neighborhood. He ended up being committed and was there for five years. By that time we had moved to another city and she had married. He was considered a danger to himself and the public.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #1869
Master Chef

Addie,

The journal is a great idea!

If it is documented you can show a pattern over time and that lends credibility.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #1870
Chef Extraordinaire

Aunt Bea, it is not my intention to be confontational. But I think the best thing she can do is let a disinterested person handle this situation. When you think you are being stalked, as the police will tell you, do not approach this person. Stalkers are considered dangerous. His intentions may be harmless. But it is better to be safe than sorry.

I apoligize if I am coming across too strong. But my family has been there. And the stalker was only a kid 17 years old who was smitten with my granddaughter.